mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-24-2017, 11:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to start a phantom vs any other maker debate. I just know what I like, and that I didn't have any trouble learning to update/upgrade/fix my phantom. Whichever way you go, MCB is the place to get the answers you need.
Would you pay $175 for that phantom as a first marker? I'm curious to what I'd have to do to that gun in order to use hpa

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
bower538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
I need this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower538 View Post
So the classics and can fully made into whatever I would like? I just want a good base that I can go all out if I get hooked

Yup.

Or there's Phantoms to consider. Or Ghosts. Or brass.

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Always looking for a Woodland Camo F1 Illustrator. Got an extra?
Rusty Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

That phantom looks as though it'd take an hpa tank straight to the back as it is. Assuming it's fully functional, I don't think 175 is too much for that marker. I'd make a list of what you really want first, then throw a WTB up on the forum and before you know it...Christmas comes early.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
That phantom looks as though it'd take an hpa tank straight to the back as it is. Assuming it's fully functional, I don't think 175 is too much for that marker. I'd make a list of what you really want first, then throw a WTB up on the forum and before you know it...Christmas comes early.
Oh so there's no ASA needed at the bottom grip? I'ma total noob and I apologise
Edit: this listing seems to be exactly what I want from a phantom https://www.ebay.com/itm/263002328432

Last edited by bower538; 05-24-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

No worries. This setup pictured has the asa already attached to the back. Some people would stick a tank on it and use that as a stock. Personally, I find that to be to high of a stock placement. Go to google a just look at images of "cci phantom with tank" to see numerous configurations (Hawaiian, Cali,etc)

Old 05-24-2017, 11:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
No worries. This setup pictured has the asa already attached to the back. Some people would stick a tank on it and use that as a stock. Personally, I find that to be to high of a stock placement. Go to google a just look at images of "cci phantom with tank" to see numerous configurations (Hawaiian, Cali,etc)
Wow thank you! That's amazing that there is so many different configurations. I think that eBay link above is what I'm looking for. I just don't know about all the prices as I am sure it will be bided up.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

Good luck. Take it slow. This addiction builds faster than you might realize. Whatever you choose, come back and show us what you got and the progress you have with making it your own.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Good luck. Take it slow. This addiction builds faster than you might realize. Whatever you choose, come back and show us what you got and the progress you have with making it your own.
I shall.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I've been eyeing Craiglist for a used marker for quite awhile. I really want a cocker or automag as my first one. I stumbled upon this add that has a micrococker for around $100. He says
"Halfblock Micro cocker, $120 - rock reg, vert feed, 12" smart parts barrel, WGP hinge frame, needs grips" is this a good pick up for my first marker? Also, what the difference between a regular and micro cocker? Thank you! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...910521058f.jpg

In regards to this marker. I would not consider picking it up without knowing something about markers in general, much less cockers.

My biggest question is why someone chose to drill the body for a gauge like that......

To look at, it's a partial parts bin build. I "think" the HPR is an old Angel reg (could be wrong), and the barrel is likely a giant bore and worthless for the build without mod or replacement.

I would want to know who did the sled and out of what, etc. If the mill work on the body and the sled/hammer/pin combo are well done, it's worth paying price right there...assuming you know what you are looking at (and can overlook that ugly *** port drilled into the body). Consider a set of new rings and a valve tool along with asking price.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
I think I should heed your warning. I don't want to be over my head. If I was looking for a automag, would I be looking at the classic? I want something that I can upgrade and make my own over the years. I see the classics with a right hand and left hand feed. I'm left eye dominate and shoot left handed if that matters to which feed I choose. Thank you for your time and your help!!

i'm right handed and i prefer hopper right powerfeeds as it leaves the left eye unobstructed and the right one only in a minor way. the mask is the bigger culprit in that problem. hopper right with your left hand will leave the loader squarely in front of your right eye so a hopper left would probably be what you want.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport