mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Squirrely Scavenger

Yeah I started this year in February with my 1 automag classic and 2 pistols. I'm now sitting on 8 mags (auto and mini), 1 pump mag, 1 sydarm, 1 trilogy pump, 3 pistols (pt enforcer, pt extreme, core zx) and 2 phantoms. The rabbit hole is deep. The pocket book is not..... which is why 2 of the mags need to get sold haha. Started pump? limited ammo last month and loving it so I have been going out there with either my phantoms or my sydarm.
Blue64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue64 View Post
Yeah I started this year in February with my 1 automag classic and 2 pistols. I'm now sitting on 8 mags (auto and mini), 1 pump mag, 1 sydarm, 1 trilogy pump, 3 pistols (pt enforcer, pt extreme, core zx) and 2 phantoms. The rabbit hole is deep. The pocket book is not..... which is why 2 of the mags need to get sold haha.
Send me a PM if you list the mags! I'm probably looking for a budget mag/classic mag to keep the price down.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
bower538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #43 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Having never played before, I would start mech. I learned the game before moving to pump. Started with a F2 Illustrator. Mini-mag, played once with a Sniper2, moved to a Mark 2 cocker, then several CCM S5s, Viking, 07 Borg then a Blazer...for a long while, 1/2 day with Viking and 1/2 a day with the Blazer....other markers that I briefly played with. Fall 2009 I picked up a CCM S6 and it is almost all I have used. I have tried a T2 and S6.5...S6 is my fav.

Having never played, get a good mask and play to make sure you like the game. Borrow markers, talk to other players...there are alot of markers out there. Pump play and tourney speedball probably don't go together.

For speedball...used gtek or 3.0, 3.1 or 3.5 (geo). Pump play, nothing better than a CCM S6...points well, accurate, light trigger. Probably around $500-$600.

Phantom is an awesome marker, the CCM pump will have a lighter pump stroke and a nicer trigger. I have alot of experience with the sheridan platform, not as good with a phantom.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
...also mags are loud...but very functional...on the cocker vs mag debate, I fall on the cocker side...

Required cocker reading:....Autococker Infosheet: Welcome!

Mags are priced right...mini mag!

Last edited by sniper97; 05-25-2017 at 11:46 PM.
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
...also mags are loud...but very functional...on the cocker vs mag debate, I fall on the cocker side...

Required cocker reading:....Autococker Infosheet: Welcome!

Mags are priced right...mini mag!
Thank you for your replies! I will probably just find a mag, and a cheap pump when the budget allows. I really have no interest in the newer guns as I love reading up on the history of these things. Also the upgradability is a huge selling point for me as I love changing things and tinkering with other things. It seems that superstocks are around the prices of mags so it is very hard to decide.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Old Slow Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower538 View Post
Thank you for your replies! I will probably just find a mag, and a cheap pump when the budget allows. I really have no interest in the newer guns as I love reading up on the history of these things. Also the upgradability is a huge selling point for me as I love changing things and tinkering with other things. It seems that superstocks are around the prices of mags so it is very hard to decide.

Have you thought about a pump mag? I do not have any AGD guns, but I understand you can convert from one to another quite easily.

--

Un2XS Feedback

The (Infamous) Woodsball Manifesto by Rob "Tyger" Rubin

Real heros don't wear spandex. - Mel Gibson

Nothing is impossible. Some things just take longer. - David Chase
Un2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un2xs View Post
Have you thought about a pump mag? I do not have any AGD guns, but I understand you can convert from one to another quite easily.

--
Haha what a mysterious bump from the guy above you haha. Since this post I've picked up both an old agd minimag from blue, as well as a 2k3 autococker! For a pump I still can't decide on which platform though.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Stock Class Jackass

Phantoms are relatively inexpensive to purchase, and maintain. They don't require a significant amount of "tuning", especially if you don't use a regulator. But, it's kind of like a classic car in that it's many charms are simultaneously it's many "quirks". I bought a Phantom because I like stock class. I stick with the phantom because I want to spend my time playing instead of learning a whole new platform. I have all the spare parts tools and a basic understanding of how to use them to keep playing. Just my preference.

If I were to buy a pump other than a phantom, it'd be an Empire Sniper with the barrel kit (as of this writing, there is at least one listed for sale), or maybe an Azodin KP3. The latter primarily because I've been offered one at 1/3 the retail price (well worn rental), and they've been reviewed well.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:21 PM   #49 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
Phantoms are relatively inexpensive to purchase, and maintain. They don't require a significant amount of "tuning", especially if you don't use a regulator. But, it's kind of like a classic car in that it's many charms are simultaneously it's many "quirks". I bought a Phantom because I like stock class. I stick with the phantom because I want to spend my time playing instead of learning a whole new platform. I have all the spare parts tools and a basic understanding of how to use them to keep playing. Just my preference.

If I were to buy a pump other than a phantom, it'd be an Empire Sniper with the barrel kit (as of this writing, there is at least one listed for sale), or maybe an Azodin KP3. The latter primarily because I've been offered one at 1/3 the retail price (well worn rental), and they've been reviewed well.
Yes I love that platform, I've debated on selling my cocker and getting a phantom just to stick with that whole type of platform.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport