mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

ccm s5 vs pre2k

What would be the difference between a ccm s5 vs a pre2k autococker with ccm internals and ccm pump kit? I really like the simple body design of the ccm s5 and I am wondering what the differences would be. Would the ccm s5 be that much better than a pre2k body with all ccm parts?
trickyjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Weight and pump stroke... the pre2k would likely need different springing than the S5.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

98, 99 or Pre2k simply means an autococker that was designed and built before the year 2000, there were many styles from 1998-2000. Many of the popular Pre2K autococker bodies were actually modified internally so that the air chambers holds more air, which drops the operating pressure. You will see a brass fitting inserted in the lower chamber in this case which keeps the Pre2k threaded front block.

Before 1997, autocockers had different quirks too, like not being drilled from the top to adjust the timing lug.

The CCM Series 5 was produced I believe between 2003-2005, so it is a "2k" bodied cocker, it is full length.

In your research you will find there are many different Body lengths such as Mini, Merlin, Mid Block, Half Block, Full Body (like the CCM S5), Karnivor

If you are looking to build a pump, find your favorite body style and go from there, most guns with CCM pump kits, lower internals and springs will feel about the same : )
zookini89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

The only meaningful difference is the size of the front block screw and with that the size of the air chamber.

With equally good valves and other components either should feel as smooth as the other barring any physical defects in either.

The air chamber size should probably not have an impact but if it does it is easy to modify to accept 2k front block screws..that's what I would suggest anyways to make pump kits easier to source.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyjello View Post
What would be the difference between a ccm s5 vs a pre2k autococker with ccm internals and ccm pump kit? I really like the simple body design of the ccm s5 and I am wondering what the differences would be. Would the ccm s5 be that much better than a pre2k body with all ccm parts?
Probably #1 thing is the weight difference I would imagine -- S5 I imagine is going to be lighter unless someone corrects me
And I've heard stories about a non-CCM gun with CCM internals not "feeling as good" as an already shop-tuned CCM body gun, but then they couldn't explain what the difference was
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
UnSon of WALZ

I use janky old guns with "bad" pump strokes, and one only notices the pump stroke off the field. Spending 600 bucks on a CCM vs 300 or less on anything else is only worth it when you're sitting on the couch pumping the action in slow motion trying to find imperfections. CCM guns are super pretty though. Pretty is good.
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs View Post
Probably #1 thing is the weight difference I would imagine -- S5 I imagine is going to be lighter unless someone corrects me
And I've heard stories about a non-CCM gun with CCM internals not "feeling as good" as an already shop-tuned CCM body gun, but then they couldn't explain what the difference was
I might put the price difference as the real number 1. The s5 will be light but I dont think it will be too noticeable lighter.
Another thing is an s5 will most likely be vert feed and an older cocker will probably be right feed.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport