mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ok. i'm going to get him a .685 barrel for his cronus (paint runs around .682) for now and see how he likes it. The stock barrel is really bad, worse than an ion barrel, so I'll probably go for a cp or a used freak
SSniper14 PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
cant you not replace the barrel adapter with another on the cronus? i don't own one so i don't no. if not then can also use an barrel adapter to use a barrel you might all ready own.

the cronus is much lighter then the 98 but has fewer upgrades. the x7 and a5 are the same just different looks. if your dad dose not like the air in grip i could understand that. if you still thinking tippmann then ill give you some tips. the 98 platum with some mods could make it better then a 98c in terms of ez to fix. the bt-4 is even better then the 98 when it comes to fixing. there also the bt slice. the a5 is some what ez to fix too over the 98. the 98 you have to deal with the hopper spring.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Previous Paranoid User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher_565 View Post
the 98 you have to deal with the hopper spring.

The absolute truth you have to come to terms with as a 98 owner. I began buying them in bulk because I lost so many.

This is right up there with the old A5 rule - Remember, spring, washer, o-ring, (tombstone).

FEEDBACK - https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
EBAY FEEDBACK - https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...yer&rmvSB=true
DirtyLoincloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLoincloth View Post

The absolute truth you have to come to terms with as a 98 owner. I began buying them in bulk because I lost so many.

This is right up there with the old A5 rule - Remember, spring, washer, o-ring, (tombstone).
ya there probly a mod to attach it but i dot no. once you learn it its ez. also the a5 valve i find to be more tricky then the 98. pros and cons to all haha oh and the a5 handle spring is a bit tricky too. some ez mods can make the platinum allsome. i thoght of a mod for the a5 spring to put a small groove in the middle at the end to glue a sowing pin in.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSniper14 PB View Post
Ok. i'm going to get him a .685 barrel for his cronus (paint runs around .682) for now and see how he likes it. The stock barrel is really bad, worse than an ion barrel, so I'll probably go for a cp or a used freak
Depending on the barrel diameter in front of the threads you may need to open up the barrel support.

I wanted to be able to try different barrels so I opened mine up.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...pport-mod.html

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Last edited by Mike@NDS; 11-30-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Mike@NDS is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport