mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-14-2017, 07:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
Here's your pic, use a site like imgur.com that lets you directly hotlink the .jpg
Thanks. I was thinking google would let me link directly. I realized I was wrong when it didn't.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Around here, a "resurfaced" player usually means you've been covered over with about 20 more pounds.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Around here, a "resurfaced" player usually means you've been covered over with about 20 more pounds.
So true. Oh well. Life happens. Maybe if I can get back out there I will burn off a few pounds chasing the youngins trying to splat them.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Just think of it as nature's bounce shirt.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm in possession of an entire old field's pump rental fleet.
I have many older pumps to choose from if you're interested.
None are broken. Just need TLC.

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #26 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillymonster View Post
I'm in possession of an entire old field's pump rental fleet.
I have many older pumps to choose from if you're interested.
None are broken. Just need TLC.

Gilly
Hmm.... Brands? Hoppers and tanks? Any Masks? I need the whole kit and kaboodle basically.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Ok, so I have been surfing the classifieds here, Craigslist and Evilbay and found some decent deals on some classic hardware as well as some newer stuff. As soon as the finances permit I will pull the trigger on some bargains (pun intended).

Though I have a few questions about some different brands and some other stuff. First off, are Zap markers any good or just run of the mill entry level stuff? I have seen quite a few of these pop up on ebay and craigslist. Next, who makes the Point Zero markers, and are the any good? I have never heard of them until one popped up on ebay last night. Lastly, I assume that most newer markers run on HPA with the exception of twelve gram only stuff. Am I right or is there anything newer that requires Co2?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgunartist View Post
Ok, so I have been surfing the classifieds here, Craigslist and Evilbay and found some decent deals on some classic hardware as well as some newer stuff. As soon as the finances permit I will pull the trigger on some bargains (pun intended).

Though I have a few questions about some different brands and some other stuff. First off, are Zap markers any good or just run of the mill entry level stuff? I have seen quite a few of these pop up on ebay and craigslist. Next, who makes the Point Zero markers, and are the any good? I have never heard of them until one popped up on ebay last night. Lastly, I assume that most newer markers run on HPA with the exception of twelve gram only stuff. Am I right or is there anything newer that requires Co2?
Personally, I wouldn't bother with any of the markers you've mentioned unless you're on a very tight budget or if you're looking for dirt cheap entry level markers. As for newer guns that run on CO2, the only ones you'll find still in production are your basic Sypders, Tippmanns and so on. In fact, many fields won't even fill CO2 anymore. These days, you're going to need an HPA tank of some sort unless you're using 12 grams. What are you looking for in a marker?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgunartist View Post
Hmm.... Brands? Hoppers and tanks? Any Masks? I need the whole kit and kaboodle basically.
All of them are Carter Tricars.
Solid pumps. There's also hoppers, masks, and a few gloves.
You'll need elbows only. I even have CO2 tanks for them.

PM me for details if you're interested.

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
What are you looking for in a marker?
One that shoots paint. Seriously though I don't care if it is bolt action, pump, semi or electro as long as it shoots paint and doesn't break the bank. And well my piggy bank is very small at the moment. Plus in the near future if I can I would like to outfit the whole family so they can play too.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport