mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
Euro-feed RT lover

If I was you on that kind of budget, I'd just look here in the Sub 100 forum, or on your local Craigslist and buy some kind of Tippmann 98 Custom package. The 98 sells for dirt cheap, and many times the seller includes alot of gear too you might need. Their tough, simple, reliable, and any baller worth his salt knows how to disassemble one and change o-rings. Their still in production, so it's very easy to find replacement parts. o-rings, online. You could outfit your whole family very affordably with 98's.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Personally, I wouldn't bother with any of the markers you've mentioned unless you're on a very tight budget or if you're looking for dirt cheap entry level markers. As for newer guns that run on CO2, the only ones you'll find still in production are your basic Sypders, Tippmanns and so on. In fact, many fields won't even fill CO2 anymore. These days, you're going to need an HPA tank of some sort unless you're using 12 grams. What are you looking for in a marker?
The enmey will run co2, as well as cockers, mags, etc. Most any mechanical gun really.

You can get your co2 fills at a place like dicks.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
The enmey will run co2, as well as cockers, mags, etc. Most any mechanical gun really.

You can get your co2 fills at a place like dicks.
I'm well aware of that. However, you're not going to want to run to Dick's for CO2 every time you play. You're going to want to make sure that you have a ready source of air at the field in case you run out while you're there. Otherwise, you're going to have to call it a day when you run out of air. My local field still keeps CO2 on hand. But there have been times when they've run out. You also have to deal with staff who don't know how to do a proper fill these days. HPA is much more readily available these days and it can usually be filled at self serve air stations. I like CO2 for vintage markers and stock class. But HPA is still the way to go for most everything else.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Ok so before you guys start arguing over HPA vs CO2 all of this is on a temporary hold due to unexpected car repairs then a short term (we hope) lay off from work. I am still combing craigslist, ebay and the sub 100 on here for a good deal just in case the financial situation turns around soon.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Good news! The situation has shifted some. Bosgarage57 hooked me up with a JT DL9 for the cost of shipping. So, so far I am staying in the budget. Aside from that though not much else has changed as I am still laid off.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport