mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oklahoma

you have to decide if you want modern or vintage style markers, electro or mechanical, pump or semi. my first purchase all those years ago was a mask as I played rental for the first several times and I would recommend it being your first purchase. find your local field and go talk to the owner, fondle some markers see what feels good, look at pics on here and other sites, ask questions, hopefully hook up with someone who will let you try one of their markers since no one on this site has less than a dozen(I have over 20 Automags at last count). start with something simple and easy and hide your wallet.
and welcome to the addiction.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Edwin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017

Any first round of tips to play the paintball, i am new to this sport
Edwin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
somethingbenign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Omaha, NE

Have fun without ruining anyone else's. If you can't find a good shot where you are try a different bunker or angle. Don't be afraid to move, worst thing to happen is you get hit and jump in the next game. Talk to you teammates on the field. When you get around to buying your own gear focus on a good mask before a good gun.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
more gooder
 
dukie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
agreed! a poor fitting or poor quality mask will ruin your day much faster than a marker that is giving you grief. But remember that the most expensive / popular mask is not neccesarily what is best for you.

Try a bunch on and see what feels best. I would recommend a thermal lense right out of the gate if you sweat easily. Antifog lenses work to an extent but then the inside surface gets coated with water and it feels like you are out for a swim.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #35 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Edwin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbenign View Post
Have fun without ruining anyone else's. If you can't find a good shot where you are try a different bunker or angle. Don't be afraid to move, worst thing to happen is you get hit and jump in the next game. Talk to you teammates on the field. When you get around to buying your own gear focus on a good mask before a good gun.

Thnks!
Edwin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Edwin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
agreed! a poor fitting or poor quality mask will ruin your day much faster than a marker that is giving you grief. But remember that the most expensive / popular mask is not neccesarily what is best for you.

Try a bunch on and see what feels best. I would recommend a thermal lense right out of the gate if you sweat easily. Antifog lenses work to an extent but then the inside surface gets coated with water and it feels like you are out for a swim.

Any recommendation?
Edwin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin08 View Post
Any recommendation?
If you can't try any on, check out the V-Force Grill, Empire E-Flex, V-Force Profiler or if you're willing to pay a premium, the Dye i5.
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
paintzapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central FL

I like the JT Spectra as well for a good starting mask
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
I like the JT Spectra as well for a good starting mask
I have a Spectra as a backup mask. I really like its breathability but the JT lens change system is a major PIA. That's why I recommend the E-Flex since it has the JT lowers but with a much simpler lens change.
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
paintzapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central FL

Very true tis the reason why I switched over to the E-Flex myself!
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC