mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Transporting markers

I own two pump. A phantom and a CCM S6. Right now I carry them in a "gun" case. I'm trying to start carrying everything in one gear bag. Was wondering how is everyone else transporting their markers in their gearbag. Leave it in the box it came in, using marker bags or tossed in naked with the rest of the gear.
BubbleHead87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have most of my setups in its own soft case and throw them in the gearbag. If the gearbag is too full (usually the problem) the soft cases also have handles and I just grab n go that way as well.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I wrap mine in old t-shirts. Used to do the same thing with masks. Really nice on days when my gear is wearing more paint than I shot. If the "case" gets dirty then I just toss it in the laundry.
somethingbenign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have an old style Eclipse roller bag, has a divider in it for three long separate compartments, plus an additional smaller one on the side.

I load in my tanks on the bottom, one in each long compartment. Then guns so the barrels are sitting above the tank. Each long compartment can hold two full sized makers with barrels attached plus a tank and a hopper. I can also forego the tank and load in three markers. Usually has room to toss in extra pods or bits and pieces as well. It also has a covered flap for extra barrels if needed. Basic tools like allens, velocity adjusters, oil, etc go on the top flap.

The side compartment gets hoppers, spare tanks, or any other bits and pieces, along with the masks and lenses. Seal the bag up and pod packs get attached to the straps on the top of the bag.

The new Eclipse bags don't have the divider anymore, but still hold an insane amount of gear.

For protecting the marker, a heavy towel works great, plus you can use it to clean off paint between games.

On the higher end, Exalt makes some awesome soft sided cases and their hard cases are fantastic as well. The Inception ones that Exalt makes are also fantastic.

Just got my hand son one of the Push gearbags. I don't think they'd fit a pump or autococker, but they work great for everything else, even have a built in tech mat.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

I also have an Eclipse roller bag, because it came across my path cheaply.

The important part is that I went to my local liquidation store and picked up a pile of zippered neoprene laptop sleeves for super cheap. Low profile protection for all my markers, no matter if you keep it in a backpack, suitcase, storage bin, tool boxes... My barrels, I keep each in an old sock until I find something better (take a wild guess what my markers lived in until I found the laptop sleeves, lol)
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Old redz wheeled bag. That I got in a package deal with my first autococker. Great storage.

And the original box for the marker with foam cutouts fits perfectly in the center compartment of the redz bag. Glad I ended up with one.

I'll have to get a picture of the case my first pug came with. Air tight, like a metal version of a pelican case.

Last edited by Murky; 12-04-2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: More thoughts...
Murky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
I too have a Redz bag. It's got good padding, good teeth on the zipper and 3 barrel slots that will fit up a 14". Got it in a CL lot and have been using it since. Before that I used to just chuck everything in a duffle since IDGAF about scratches and etc.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I bought a motocross gearbag. It's huge and it cost under $100
Old 12-06-2017, 01:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
TAG
Proud Paintball Addict !!

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
With me, it depends on which marker it is. I have 3 that are my "Pride-And-Joy" markers: a CCI Phantom setup, an A5 Mag-Fed(Tacamo) conversion, and a Sheridan KP3.

They each have their own gun case (Plano Gun Guard all-weather) with the marker, field maintenance supplies, and/or quick-change options. My other markers usually go in my travel boxes, like Contico cases or a roll-around toolbox like you can buy at Lowe's or Home Depot.

All that being said, I would recommend ALWAYS transporting them in non-transparent, lockable containers. It keeps prying (and covetous) eyes away from them, and can save a lot of hassle. And besides, with the mil-sim angle of mag-fed now, some markers look VERY realistic (like my AKA5 "Tippmannikov") - so imagine if someone didn't know it was for paintball and I didn't have the opportunity to explain that. Why give the already-overreacting "there ought be a law" people even more ammo to hurt us with. ?

Just my $.02 ($.0115 after taxes..lol) - hope that helps !

--TAG--
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Paint Dribbler

When I first started playing with my own gear, I used a laptop bag for a couple markers along with a small duffel.

More recently I had a few more and picked up a cheap rifle case.

Currently all my markers reside in a extended and thick tool box divided by pieces of foam. Everything else is in a volleyball duffel. The ball section holds two masks pretty well!

As long as I can do my load out carrying my gear in two hands, I'm alright.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport