mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

I've recently started using the V-Force Armor. It has the same side gaps in the foam as the GXG, so it doesn't fog my glasses either.

The nice thing is that the lenses come out pretty easy so you can clean them if you get a face full of paint. lol

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Find a discounted grillz that comes with two thermal lenses. That is a awesome bargain
Old 01-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I might see if I can track down a cheap helix. My E-vents are in need of a new strap and lens. And its probably cheaper to just get a helix and harvest its parts

CCM
Art Of Pump

Next up:
?
Wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

[QUOTE=Random Name;3479157]Got a buddy who has shown some interest in playing. I told him I have several guns he can pick from to borrow for playing but I dont have a mask for him so he would either have to buy his own or rent.

Whatever you do buy used. People sell used ones that are like new all the time. This game has a massive turnover. Hell I have 4-5 masks and never use them anymore.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Paroxysm

helix/e-vents foam I found scratchy and uncomfortable. I found the mask clears itself when i walk around, but fogs if I sit still. not impressed with the e-vents.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
MCB Member

Screw renting! Those masks have been in the hands of how many renters? They have heard that if you use dish soap/ hand sanitizer /spit and use the sleeve of your coveralls that you won't fog. Add they have all tried it before you got the mask... Buy a new pair of single pane lensed goggles/mask (not sure what to call it). NO anti-fog treatment, NONE. Clean water if painted, micro fibre if needed, but above all keep them clean. Not on the forehead between games. Take them off, wipe yo dang head down, clean the lenses... breathe as normally as possible 'cause it is just a GAME...

Last edited by Third of Five; 01-11-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
I do what I do

I have a Helix for a loaner. Good value overall, but as a few have said the foam sucks. A headband or hat softens it some but it is pretty firm. I am a Profiler fan personally.

gerth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd absolutely recommend the helix THERMAL. They do make a single lens version

If the foam is a problem you can always get a $15 set of e-vents foam and replace it mask+replacement foam you are looking at $50

At that point it basically is a e-vents for less money. Ears are different but minor detail

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #49 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You can pickup a Valken Identity for $45 new. Has a thermal lens and is very comfortable. The only downside is the padding around the ears captures speech so it is loud when you are yelling with it bouncing back. But they are solid, cover well, padded great and seem to last.

I also liked my Tippmann mask that was around $50 new. It allowed me to breathe well, hear and speak without issue and it didn't fog up. I gave it to my son and I kind of regret it. It was a great mask to lend out and use. I struggled to find a mask that I really liked until I got my HK. But for the price, the Valken or Tippmann masks are a good low cost solution.

I bought a e-vents years ago and they didn't cover me very well. They looked cool but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they have a small head or it was a kid.
Secondary Setup CF Phantom With CCI Undercocking Kit | ASP CF Breech and detents | Ninja 13ci tank with Pro V2 | Sanchez 12 Round Stock Class Stick Feed Tube | Stanchy Phantom to AC Barrel adapter | 16" Sly Dual Carbon Barrel
Clothing: HK KLR Slate/Red Mask | Armagillo Dreads | Jerseys Clinic Jersey | Evil Pants | Exalt T3 Arm Pads
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
pumper, machinist

fwiw, the Identities, also have a double strap, can be a plus.
440SUPERCOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport