mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 11-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Do not wear undies beneath slider shorts (or spandex, different forum). I would not be concerned about stripping down to those while changing...everyone has seen an underwear ad and they are more concealing than standard undies. One thing I would warn of in wearing them. If you have a long ride home and get sweaty they have a tendency to chafe.

Most modern paintball specific pants offer all the padding and protection you need on their own.

GL with the return, enjoy yourself.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Do not wear undies beneath slider shorts (or spandex, different forum). I would not be concerned about stripping down to those while changing...everyone has seen an underwear ad and they are more concealing than standard undies. One thing I would warn of in wearing them. If you have a long ride home and get sweaty they have a tendency to chafe.

Most modern paintball specific pants offer all the padding and protection you need on their own.

GL with the return, enjoy yourself.

Awesome response I appreciate the input! Eh I hear you on the chaffing and I will definitely change or powder up on the way home to avoid that.
Chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Gold Bond or your preference choice of spray powders help without the excess powder and is much easier to direct where needed and for it to stay there. There are also some outdoor fields that run year round within a short drive if you also and PnL should be doing a turkey shoot at some point soon ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
Hey everyone,

Question time- Iíll be playing indoor paintball and the place only has one bathroom. I typically will wear slide shorts. So do you typically wear underwear under them? If not do you wear them to the field? I guess Iím trying to avoid getting down into my underwear around kids/females etc. Iím trying to avoid wearing my entire get up to the field. Thanks for any advice!
I'm a little late but here is what I typically do,

Morning of dress down in my boxer-briefs, slide pants (slide shorts but longer and with knee pads) and paintball pants. Drive to field that way, upper body layers get put on at the field. After play I have a head to toe change of clothes and go find a bathroom.

If nothing else I'd just wear your underwear and slide shorts under a pair of jeans to get to the field if you don't want to drive in paintball pants, very few people would care about you stripping some jeans off at the field once they saw padded shorts under them

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

EL- that gold bond nightfall is great stuff and you donít have to smell menthol lol. I keep an eye out for the pnl turkey shoot. Never went there back in the day and I have no idea why.

Trbo- yea Iím just going to do that. Unless is a long drive but even then slide shorts breathe. I just ordered some exalt freeflex ones. They are really padded and not revealing. If someone had an issue with see my pads they can throw a bonus ball my way I suppose haha.

Thanks for everyone actively responded. Glad I heard about this forum!

-mike
Chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thunder bum bum

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Heyo

Late to the party, but relatively local. Welcome!

As Hobbes said we will be hosting Santaball (pump night with costumes at Boston Paintball, Chelsea) around the 21st of December, I'll make a thread about it with more details soon.

If you're looking for good places to play in the winter BP is pretty much it. Providence has an indoor field, but it's mildly disappointing as best. Friendly Fire, Fox 4 & PNL are are reasonably close to Boston, as well as BP Ashland.

Are you from the area? There are some excellent fields in New Hampshire if you're willing to travel a bit once the 2019 season opens. OSG is one of the best fields I've ever played on, and AG paintball and BOLP are good too.

Chafing sucks, Body Glide is fricking amazing. You put a light layer on right before you play and it acts as a buffer on your skin. Feels kind of strange as first, but I find it works better than powder. Especially when you got meaty thighs
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

funny to talk about with a bunch of grown men, but i personally recommend wearing under armour type compression undies under your sliders, i think its more comfortable. whatever works though. cotton skivvies underneath would be a sweaty nightmare...
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport