mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 02-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mag questions

So Iíve been shooting a mini-mag for a while now and I love it. I want to upgrade to a newer mag. I have a few (maybe) dumb questions.

I had never seen a Micro-Mag before a couple of days ago, whatís the story here? Is it just a different body or is it something else/more?

What is the difference between a R/T trigger and a ULE trigger?

Iím sure that Iíll have some follow up questions, Thanks for a little help...
Carbide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
The micro-mag is just a different body style. They combined the Rail and the Body into one piece.

RT Trigger effect can be found on the R/T valve, E-Mag Valve & X-Valve: With these valves the trigger is forceably reset by the High Pressure entering the valve (on the classic, the trigger is reset by the regulated air inside the valve). This gives a decent kick back of the trigger.

ULT trigger is the "Ultra Light Trigger": This is a new "on/Off", they tweaked the design of the on off to greatly reduce the pull needed to fire the gun. Side effect is the RT effect is minimized as well.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

You should also know that the Micromag is autococker threaded.

My Feedback
MrJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know that I want a center-feed body and that I want Cocker-threads.
I would like it to be lighter than my mini-mag but that shouldn’t be hard.

After that, I’m not sold on anything.

I really like the look of the Micro-mag, but it looks chunky and therefore heavy, how does it weigh in?

I’m also looking at the Tac-one and the RT ULE custom in AGD store. This is where the RT/ ULE trigger issue comes up. I thought that it was an either/or situation.

I understand that the ULE makes the trigger very light to pull... so this is in addition to the “kick-back” effect of the RT, although lessened by the ULE?

Can the RT be turned off? This part confused me on description page
Quote:
Select an On/Off: Choose our hot new ULE Trigger Pull Kit for just $12.00 more OR receive an RT On/Off Assy at no extra charge.
Thanks for the additional help.
Carbide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Sir Brass

The on/off is a component of the firing system. It turns the valve that lets air from the source to the dump chamber on or off. When the trigger is pulled, the trigger does 2 things. I it turns the valve from source to dump off, and releases the sear. The bolt, when held back by the sear has a force applied to it in the forward direction due to the air pressure behind it. The sear releases the bolt, and the air that is in the dump chamber pushes the bolt forward and when it is all the way forward, the air finally escapes and fires down the barrel. THus firing the paintball. The return spring returns the bolt back (before the on/off turns the valve from source to dump on again) to the sear, and the on/off is forced to "on" again by the regulated air (or in the RT/X-valve case, the On/off is FORCED back, due to the shape of the pin).

That's the function of the on/off. ALL mags, including the classic AIR valve have them.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a may lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I just love being able to kill absolutely every living thing in a small room, including myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
We have a conscience, Carter be thy name.

Proud owner of:
Palmer's aluminum + brass...... two of 'em <3
Oh....and some mags too
Sir Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Old gear!

Also, the ULE is an aluminum body, usually center feed, cocker threaded. The ULT is the lightened trigger. Instead of a Micromag, you could get a ULE body on a normal mag.
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbide View Post
I know that I want a center-feed body and that I want Cocker-threads.
I would like it to be lighter than my mini-mag but that shouldn’t be hard.

After that, I’m not sold on anything.
Oh, then go with the AGD ULE body - it's very light (ULE = Ultra Light Engineering), center feed w/angel threads so you can change feednecks if you want, takes a 'cocker detente (which there are hundreds to choose from), and is 'cocker barrel threaded. They're a little bit pricier than the old style stainless steel 'mag bodies, but have everything you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbide View Post
I really like the look of the Micro-mag, but it looks chunky and therefore heavy, how does it weigh in?
Not heavy at all, as the Micros were milled from aluminum and not SS like the stock AGD bodies. There will be a decidedly noticeable difference between your minimag body and a micromag body.

Unfortunately, that's all the experience I have with 'mags, no idea on the RT's as I've never owned one.

edit - beat me to it, Nate!

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback

Last edited by usagi_tetsu; 02-24-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: flyweightnate beat me to it
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Centerfeed Micromags are a bit harder to come by than the AGD ULE bodies, so that alone makes it easier for me to suggest the ULE.

The real difference between the RT Pro On/Off and the ULT On/Off is trigger pull weight. The ULT kit brings the weight down to a 15 oz pull, 2 lbs. lower than the RT On/Off. Both of my guns with the ULT kit are extremely fast for mechanical guns!

Red Karta ULT Demo
Old 02-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
A Suffusion of Yellow

If you like the feel of your minimag and are comfortable with the way it shoots, I'd recommend just going with the ULE body. It's a direct bolt-on that's readily available. You can upgrade feednecks, use whatever barrel, and it's really light.

Micromags are a little bit more difficult to come by. They are nice, but if you're working on a budget, the ule will save you a lot of money.

On the other hand, the absolute LAST run of Micromag bodies will be released by Pro-Team this year. I don't know exactly when, but it's good info.

My feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
takes a 'cocker detente (which there are hundreds to choose from)
Actually, the ULE bodies use angel-threaded detents.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport