| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|02-25-2018, 05:24 PM||#1 (permalink)|
I'm Stock Classy!
Join Date: Dec 2010
Slim's Spring Stock Classic 2018 - 5/20 @ APE
Attention all stock-class players, here's the announcement you've all been waiting for...
It's time to dust off your stock-class equipment, and get ready to play paintball the way the inventors intended it to be played. With Skill, sportsmanship and camaraderie!
We play stock-class paintball because it embodies the original spirit of the game. Our games are open to anyone who has their own stock-class equipment, and who enjoys the skill, sportsmanship and camaraderie of stock-class play. So, if you play stock-class paintball, then this is one event you don't want to miss!
Please join us on Sunday, May 20th at Albany Paintball Experience (A.P.E.) in Nassau, NY for the ultimate stock-class event!!!
The location (Albany) is centrally located in the Northeast, and is between a two and a half to three hour drive from all major metropolitan points - Boston, Providence, New Haven, NYC, Scranton. A.P.E. is located on 150 acres of relatively level land, and has a HUGE playing area that includes a ton of structures, villages, bunkers and deep woods.
These events are the biggest TRUE stock-class games on the planet, with some of the best stock-class players around. This year we'll have players traveling from miles around to join in the fun, and are hoping to have over 100 in attendance.
Please note that A.P.E. has set up a new pre-registration option and fee structure at their field. It will be in effect for this event. For those who do not pre-register, the game fee will be higher on the day of the event.
Here are the event details...
• Entry fee is $40 per player for pre-registered players
• Pre-registration fee is $25. The balance of the entry fee ($15) will be collected on game day during registration.
• Entry fee is $50 for anyone who does not pre-register
• PRE-REGISTER ONLINE HERE
• Bring your own stock-class gun, 12 grams and 10-round tubes - rental guns will NOT be available, but a few folks may have loaners - ask in the thread.
• The event is BYOP, however A.P.E. will have cases of paint available to purchase at the game. Paint will be Graffiti - $60 day of, or $50 Pre-Reg.
• A huge, stock-class raffle with awesome prizes!!!
• Camp out the night before the game (see details below)
• Woodsball only, capture the flag format, 285fps max
• Adult, experienced refs!
• A local food truck will be on hand to serve up some great food!
• Due to the size of the event, and in consideration of the attendees coming long-distance, this event will go on rain or shine. The game will only be called if there is a safety concern regarding the weather. Same goes for the camp out.
The camp out starts at 4:00pm on Saturday, May 19th. Players are welcome to set up tents, hammocks or camp trailers in the designated camping area. Grills are OK to bring along. Bonfire will start at dusk. Gates will be closed at 11:00pm. Bring along your war stories, jokes, guitars, harmonicas, or whatever else will make the evening memorable (excluding death metal from a boom box with really bad speakers, of course).
Game registration will start at 9:00am Sunday, so that we can start games by 10:00/10:30am. We will be making every effort to start games on time, and will not be waiting for stragglers to start the games. If you're not ready, then you'll have to sit out until the next game starts.
For more information on the field, click HERE.
To be considered "stock-class", a gun must meet 3 simple criteria:
1) manually operated (pump-action, bolt-action, lever-action, etc.)
3) powered by a single 12-gram CO2 cartridge
(Examples: Nel-Spots, PGPs, Stock-Class Phantoms, Grey Ghosts, Retro 7s, KP2s, PMI-1s, etc.).
Semi-autos, open-class pumps with any size CA/HPA tanks and/or direct feeds (with hoppers) will not be allowed - absolutely NO exceptions.
Modifications that ARE allowed:
• Guns with direct feed nipples can be equipped with a 90° elbow attached directly to the nipple. A horizontally-mounted feed tube must be mounted directly into the 90° elbow (to prevent excessive "ball stacking")
• Lever changers/slam changers that hold ONE 12-gram
• Stabilizers / regulators
• Maximum 20 round feed tube
• Any length barrel/sized barrels
• Any type of barrel porting
• Pump guns with auto-triggers are allowed because a horizontal feed negates the ability to effectively auto-trigger
Modifications that are NOT allowed:
• 12-gram changers that hold multiple cartridges (AGD 6-packs, ACI turret changers)
• First Strike Rounds
• Spring Feeds
• Mag-fed semi-auto pistols
• Laser sights
I'll post more details as I get them.
OK, so whose in?
Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Upgrades
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT only
Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE
"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command
Last edited by Slim; 02-27-2018 at 12:49 AM.
|02-25-2018, 06:35 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Chuck E Ducky
So in and camping, I moved my work schedule around just so I can play this! Best games around! I Got to talk to Tony make sure he makes enough of those special flags they were a cool touch last year.
Rubber Duckies - 518th Brigade
Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 02-26-2018 at 12:35 AM.
|02-25-2018, 07:48 PM||#8 (permalink)|
Mr. Hoity Toity
Join Date: Jan 2012
Already have vacation scheduled for the day after.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|