mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #181 (permalink)
Certified Creeper

Playing all weekend with 20 then 50(?) stock class players was an unbelievable. Well worth the trip.

I even got an award:
Bonehead Of The Weekend

(less-than-pro) pro tip: don't assume it's empty.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group

Last edited by Mithuna; 05-20-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #182 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to FrankTheTank

I couldn't have asked for a more fun weekend - the pistol duels & 3 way battle @ lunch was too much fun. Single feeding on the airball field was intense.

Worst time ever to forget my mask camera!

I plan to make this a regular stop each year if I can make it.

Last edited by FrankTheTank; 05-19-2019 at 11:11 PM.
FrankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:28 PM   #183 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks ladies and gentlemen for the great games and wonderful atmosphere and camaraderie all weekend. I made it to Ottawa tonight, I will complete the trip to Sudbury tomorrow. Cheers and see you at the next battle!
jpgobeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:47 AM   #184 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Amazing weekend of paintball. Big thanks to everyone who made it out, new and old faces. A pleasure as always. Special thanks to our culinarily inclined friends and the far traveled. Thanks to AG, and to Slim for putting on a great event/letting me run the show Saturday. There were many great moments. Single shot air ball was awesome! And bearing witness to Hugh making modern paintball history with sheer bravado and a pair of splat masters...priceless! See you all at MSG June 22 for Stockstice! Come get some!

Old 05-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #185 (permalink)
VP Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
That's a fine looking crew right there.
NONOBLITUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #186 (permalink)

Me and my brother had an awesome time, it was great to see everyone and meet the guys i havent seen yet. I can't thank everyone enough for the help and the seals and the time to get my kp2 back up and running for day two. I cant wait to do it all over again at msg next month!
Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #187 (permalink)
Confronting the Shadow

Wow. What a weekend. From single-shot speedball to 20v20 games on the big fields, the sportmanship, competition, and fun was off the charts. Hats off to Slim for setting everything up. AG did a wonderful job and has certainly won my dollar. Look forward to playing with you crazy bunch at the next event.

Feedback

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" -Johnny Rico
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger
packersrule729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #188 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
Me and my brother had an awesome time, it was great to see everyone and meet the guys i havent seen yet. I can't thank everyone enough for the help and the seals and the time to get my kp2 back up and running for day two. I cant wait to do it all over again at msg next month!
Ah we should be carpooling to the stocktober fest game just saying. (Im in Kingston NY)
Old 05-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #189 (permalink)

Sounds good to me!
Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:46 PM   #190 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Slim's Spring Stock Classic After Action Report:

This was the first attempt at a two-day event, and for those who attended, it was two full days of some of the best skill, sportsmanship and camaraderie ever! Saturday games were organized with the help of our friend Jesse. Jesse put together a fun assortment of stock-class games in different formats including single-shot games held on the speedball course. Thanks Jesse! In total there were about 25 players in attendance.

Brass_Wood_Bens.jpg

On Saturday night, there were two CIA (Culinary Institute of America)-trained chefs cooking up delicious dishes among the other grillers. Our friend Hugh (The "Canadian General" as he has demanded to be addressed as) went to the laborious effort of preparing a HUGE variety plate of sushi. It was so good that Hugh has since gone on to market it as "Shugh-shi". Seriously, it was that good.

Hugh_Frank.jpg

The merriment extended well into the evening, and the 10PM Toast® went off with only a minor hitch.

On Sunday, there was a minor rain delay, but only by 15 to 20 minutes. I believe all of the participants were happy with that call as the sun finally came out for some perfect weather. The games all went well and we were able to experience the majority of the fields. The judges were excellent, and there were zero problems to report. On Sunday we had a total of 51 players.

SSSC_2018_Group_02.jpg

The Smokewagon BBQ food truck returned and was serving up babyback ribs, pulled pork and smoked brisket. After lunch quite a few more games were played, even though there was a vote to have nap time.

At the end of the day there was much rejoicing at all of the great games. Arik (the owner of AG), our two refs (Jackson & Shane) presented the Sportsmanship to Brian (packersrule729 on MCB) who truly deserved the honor.

Sportsmanship_award.jpg

We want to thank Arik of AG Paintball for being the ultimate partner in providing a professional and well-run paintball field. We also want to thank all of the staff (refs, and store personnel) for making the experience enjoyable. Thanks to Gary and his crew of The Smokewagon too. A HUGE thanks to both Brian, who made the trip up from Texas, and JP who drove down over 12 hours from Sudbury, Ontario! WOW! Thanks to "General Hugh" for organizing a lunchtime pistol dual. Last, but not least, I have to thank all of the players who continue to attend these events and support them as heartily as they do. You guys are the best!

Event pics have been uploaded to the Stock-Class HQ page on Farcebook. Here is the link...
https://www.facebook.com/pg/StockCla...26670714548745
Please feel free to "tag yourselves" if you're into that kinky stuff!

Thanks again, and we'll see you at the next stock-class event next month!
Slim

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

Get awesome Paintball Veteran 10-Year Patches HERE

Check out the Stock-Class HQ on Facebook HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

My Feedback

Last edited by Slim; 05-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Slim is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast