mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort_apache View Post
I live in Missouri. Here, those old log homes, even in that condition often fetch several thousand dollars. An acquaintance of mine has a business where he buys these homes, dismantles them, and reassembles and repairs them. He makes an excellent living.

I don't know about the market where you're at. But if I had that on my property I'd find a buyer. They'd remove the cabin, clean it up, and I'd take the money and frame up a small house to play paintball in. Or a couple of houses.

Oh reeeeaaly? Well in that case, I think I would let the house go. I'll have to do some digging around here and see what kinda market these is. Thanks for that man.

Sorry but no pictures again guys. It was just a clean up/ burning day today. I hope I dont loose your guys intrest.

Thanks all.

Ti
PAINTBALL GUY 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
Another day of raking the field up and burning today. I think one more day of that will pretty much do it. I also threw to gether a nice fire pit today. Should come in handy after a day of play............

Last edited by PAINTBALL GUY 3; 04-02-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
Update: All right, so I'v got a ton of clean up done and got a total of 7 bunkers build (not including the house ). Here's the pic's...........

Trying to get that junk pile out'a there.....

My next target......

It's coming along eh?

Thanks.

Ti

Last edited by PAINTBALL GUY 3; 04-04-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Hmmmmm.

Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
All right, so I think the house would be a bit safer now. I tore the second floor down so theres no chance of that falling.......... (I left the three beems there for future purposes)

Sadly, the clean up.........

Last edited by PAINTBALL GUY 3; 04-05-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

You seem to be missing a bit of structure to the roof. Just how wide is the span? I would have expected lower ties running from the bottom of the rafters across to the other side. This keeps the roof from pancaking due to snow load when the bottom wants to pop outward.

Also would have expected collar ties near the top, 1/3 to 1/4 the way down from the peak.

Before you get back on the roof, secure all the rafters from moving side to side, ideally with a ridge pole and a few points of strapping. Just something to keep things straight and in place while you put a roof on it. Trust me, a half finished roof collapsing below you is Not a fun experience. And it doesn't look like like you're as 'fortunate' as I was to have a pile of old bedding straw/manure to break your fall.

Looks like your field is taking shape nicely.

How are the gaps on those log bunkers? I've found that using three stakes for the joining corner works well, as you can then cut every other log off flush, and butt it against the next, rather than overlapping them. Overlapping often leaves large gaps that make 'bunkers' offer little better protection than a decently dense shrub.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
You seem to be missing a bit of structure to the roof. Just how wide is the span? I would have expected lower ties running from the bottom of the rafters across to the other side. This keeps the roof from pancaking due to snow load when the bottom wants to pop outward.

Also would have expected collar ties near the top, 1/3 to 1/4 the way down from the peak.

Before you get back on the roof, secure all the rafters from moving side to side, ideally with a ridge pole and a few points of strapping. Just something to keep things straight and in place while you put a roof on it. Trust me, a half finished roof collapsing below you is Not a fun experience. And it doesn't look like like you're as 'fortunate' as I was to have a pile of old bedding straw/manure to break your fall.

Looks like your field is taking shape nicely.

How are the gaps on those log bunkers? I've found that using three stakes for the joining corner works well, as you can then cut every other log off flush, and butt it against the next, rather than overlapping them. Overlapping often leaves large gaps that make 'bunkers' offer little better protection than a decently dense shrub.

OK, so the rafters are held in with dowels pined in to the up most wall beem, thay are still very secure. The peeks are also held together with dowels. As for side to side movement, I left acouple batten boards up there to help with that. However, I dont plan on going back up on the roof anyway, there really isn't left to do.

Now, the log bunkers ( I call them "fences" ), I've made sure that thay aren't so "holy". Each log was cut and fitted for a tight fit. I'll have to try out what you suggested thou, sounds like thats would use less logs.

Anywho, no work done today or tomorrow. Too rainy and cold.

Thanks.

Ti
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

PPS Fan
Looks very good, that place has really come along. Too bad your all the way up in America's hat though . Keep up the good work Guy!
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Heart of a Sheridan!

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
Looks very good, that place has really come along. Too bad your all the way up in America's hat though . Keep up the good work Guy!
What'ch ya talking about man. Thats only a short 7:30 hour trip.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

PPS Fan
lol, damn you Google maps!!!! Alright you got me there man.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields