mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Tippmann 98's are bulletproof. shake and bakes should work just fine.

I have found that Toxic makes a good inexpensive paintball, the clear shell, green fill.

I'd go larger on the tanks too, 16 or 20's.

I would get several options of goggle ads and pics, present them to your friends, and have your friends buy their own goggles. Rental goggles and loaner goggles are generally not taken care of. Make your friends take ownership for their own goggles and safety. That system works very well for me.

MCB Feedback AUTOMAGS.ORG Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
Tom Kaye follows Jason Finne on Twitter.
jason_finnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Look for package deals too. "Starter packs" so to speak. They often come with a new mask, small HPA or CO2 tank, marker, BBD, etc. Everything you need to play for around $150 per rig, usually.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ack, the reason I hoard markers is in case someone wants to join that has no gear.

IMO $20 Visible Impact masks are perfect loaners/beginner masks. The lens comes out in 5 seconds or less, simple to clean, should fit all head shapes etc. $20 at Wal Mart. They are clones of the Vforce Armor mask.

Cheapo gravity hoppers are fine, and necessary as the first kind of hopper anyone should experience. They're classic. If they can't manage a shake and bake, forget a Revy or Halo. They're 4x cheaper too.. free sometimes if you look for them.

9oz CO2s sound perfect and I agree, you don't want half empty tanks all over the place.

Find some cheap 98s/BT4s. Tons up in the BST right now. I think I saw 3 or 4 on the first page of the mech section yesterday.

If you're spending the coin on this stuff, I'd be asking a few bucks here and there from friends to help offset buying all the stuff and filling tanks.. consider telling them to bring their own paint. Visible Impact 500s at Walmart are like 10 bucks..
rickmum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields