mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 07-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Steve Smith is 65. While it would be cool to get him on a field, it isn't something I would expect.

Personally I think Les Stroud could make a great TV series on Paintball. Talk about the safety requirements of the sport (He is one of the few people on TV who I think could be expected to make sure the masks stays on at all times it is required. Most others would be too tempted to set up 'safe' shots where they can lift their mask to get more face time), the history of it, and how it is played now.

I could see a show like that split into two series. The first being a documentary that gets split over a few episodes, and talking about the history of game play, history of the gear, and then different formats that are currently played, and explore some of the different gear on the market these days. Just a short series that is long enough to have decent information, and not a whole classic season.

The second series, if the first proved popular, could go coast to coast documenting different fields across Canada, and maybe some of the bigger events in the US.

Would you watch "Surviving Paintball"?

He did mention something like this back when he played at my home field the first time. He brought his son and his friends and some of his staff to play for his son's birthday 2 years ago (I think it was 2 years). Anyway, that was suggested, and I think he liked the idea. Not sure if anything would come of it or if any tv stations would buy the idea.

There was a video put up on AO from that game day. He did lift his mask up a bit behind cover while he was filming. I was watching the kids more than him at the time so I never saw it. But other than that little blip, the day went pretty well. Video isn't bad either, I think I'm even in it at one point.

Who knows, he might end up trying to video more paintball stuff. With helmet cams as good as they are now it might not be as bad watching stuff just from the sidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is paintball any less TV friendly than some dude in the woods?

I'm not talking about sportscast style viewing, I'm talking about a show based around Survivor Man playing paintball and hanging out in the staging area to give viewers at home a way to see a 'world' they're likely never to have been in themselves. The same way the average user at home has likely never been in the middle of some forest wondering what berries are good to eat.

Spend part of the show talking about skills and methods. "Tucking into the bunker like this makes for a smaller profile so they have a smaller target to shoot.", "This is the layout of the field. I want to move here because I expect the other guys to be there", etc.

This wouldn't be Don Cherry up in a box commenting, this would be Les Stroud belly crawling down a ditch past a camera while wearing a helmet camera and having a pair of cameras on him marker (Back camera and barrel camera.) for a limited number of episodes.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Is paintball any less TV friendly than some dude in the woods?

I'm not talking about sportscast style viewing, I'm talking about a show based around Survivor Man playing paintball and hanging out in the staging area to give viewers at home a way to see a 'world' they're likely never to have been in themselves. The same way the average user at home has likely never been in the middle of some forest wondering what berries are good to eat.

Spend part of the show talking about skills and methods. "Tucking into the bunker like this makes for a smaller profile so they have a smaller target to shoot.", "This is the layout of the field. I want to move here because I expect the other guys to be there", etc.

This wouldn't be Don Cherry up in a box commenting, this would be Les Stroud belly crawling down a ditch past a camera while wearing a helmet camera and having a pair of cameras on him marker (Back camera and barrel camera.) for a limited number of episodes.
tyger already does this on web dog radio.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Featuring Death!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
oooh I'll be at the wasaga beach game.
kynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yea, just saw the video on youtube.
Cool guy is cooler!!!
Les Stroud > Bear Grylls
Empire Sniper
Closed Bolt Accuracy
dcroenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Seņor Member

hmm.... I'm back in Toronto for August... and Les Stroud is a personal hero.. I think I have a reason to go to Wasaga....

Thanks for sharing guys, must have been a simply awesome experience.

battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

wow, thats awesome!
Jasonstiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but what kind of marker was he shooting?
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
https://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

bt 4 I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
bt 4 I believe.
somewhere in bt hq, everyone in a meeting is wondering why bt4 sales suddenly jumped by 9001%
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields