mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 07-18-2014, 12:37 AM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Put those dang plastic orange end protectors on your rebar - you don't want to see an accidental impalement or something. I'm afraid of exposed rebar..

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:30 AM   #52 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Put those dang plastic orange end protectors on your rebar - you don't want to see an accidental impalement or something. I'm afraid of exposed rebar..
You could even cover the rebar with a pvc pipe with endcap which would give you the sturdiness of the rebar impaled in the ground, but the safety of the pvc with end cap to prevent impalement - will still hurt, but shouldn't penetrate the body.

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornjake View Post
You could even cover the rebar with a pvc pipe with endcap which would give you the sturdiness of the rebar impaled in the ground, but the safety of the pvc with end cap to prevent impalement - will still hurt, but shouldn't penetrate the body.
A cautionary tale about blunt force -

A girl at my high school (long ago) was helping to unpack groceries. She tripped and fell on a cooking oil bottle that was vertical. She appeared OK, but over the next couple of days became progressively ill. She had started bleeding internally (liver damage) and barely survived on a whole lot of donor blood. She was in the hospital for a few months.

End caps help on sharp stuff, but they are not perfect.

Something else. One of the first fields I ever played on was groomed with a chainsaw. They had cut the pine trees down around the flag station. The ground was full of 1 to 2 inch diameter stumps, 6 inches tall, cut at 45 degrees. Don't do that.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

Easiest way i have found to make bunkers is an idea stolen from an outlaw field that was out in oakley CA.

2x4's in blue
plywood in black

Best thing is, no limit to bunkers that can be made, can make doritos, snake beams and knuckles, can move them around really easy too to change up the field layout.
I Missed On Purpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #55 (permalink)

^the simplest things are always best!
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #56 (permalink)
Ballbreaker

Kilt Club
We made our first bunkers like this but watch getting your feet shot. Just cut out so the plywood can go all the way to the ground. These lasted for years without painting.
Angel A1 Black/Blue Fade
Bob Long Ripper 2
Nonesuch Mafia 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #57 (permalink)
total newb

There's a place not far from me that pays $3 to $7 for each pallet and they refurbish them and resell them.. I think I'm in the ring business haha..

Pallets or get some Corrogated plastic tubes and set.those puppies up
Old 12-31-2015, 07:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
Old Hand

Local soap place sells me 55gallon drums for $5. Otherwise look at the lamb and bianchi barricades for IDPA. Lamb barricade is one 4x8 sheet of plywood to make two bunkers.

Like I told my last wife - honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides that, it's all in the reflexes.
HoffACDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #59 (permalink)
Post Whore

I would not want to go running quickly into a Bianchi barricade, the cross pieces are a big safety hazard. I don't even like people going up to some of them with guns, depending on the construction.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
Old Hand

Maybe I'm confused - my Bianchi barricade just has short stablizing legs on the front and back, just like every free standing bunker in this thread, same as the Lamb VTAC barricade. Price of playing outlaw - at least it isn't impalement via re-bar.

Years and years ago my old man broke his collar bone diving into a bunker that had a tree stump protruding at a local field - this isn't chess.

Like I told my last wife - honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides that, it's all in the reflexes.
HoffACDC is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields