mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I get where you're coming from. I recently found out the people across the street from me used to play in the woods behind their house, keep in mind though I live in the middle of town and there's 2 more houses right next to theirs. This was when I was little (probably about 5) but what if one if those had hit someone in their backyard? The houses are not far from each other (maybe 50 feet in between property lines)
Check Six Paintball Team
https://www.checksixpaintball.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeathKlownGaming
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #42 (permalink)

I have a question, how do fields safely allow bring your own paint? We've never been able to make that work.
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #43 (permalink)
I drive the boat.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Most of the BYOP places I know of have a surcharge for that and will disqualify certain brands. We're FPO.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

I should have been more clear. We test our paint before we select what we shoot for the first and again on the second half of the season. So the test is run over the radar chrono. We take our 3 rentals the 98, the alpha and the automag. Then without changing velocity on any marker we run 6 different paints through and record a slow fire 20 shot string. What we look for the high and low and how bad it varied. So we find something that works pretty well in all 3 types of rentals. But here's the problem. What we find is that we could shoot a brand that comes in at about 280 fps. Not change the marker at all and drop in the next paint and be shooting 320 fps. So if changing paint shows us a 40-45 fps jump in speed how can you make a bring your own field safe. If we go on field at 300 fps both chronographed properly with each of our paints. During the game you run out and I toss you a tube of mine and without knowing it you start shooting away at 345 fps due to the swap. Safety has gone out the window.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
I drive the boat.

We chrony everytime we go on the field. That way any fiddling or adjustments are checked and everyone knows a certain standard is being met.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #46 (permalink)

My point was that even if you chrony a marker with one paint, just changing to a different paint on the field, like a buddy loaning you a tube of his brand to finish a game can put a gun over the limit. Some people refuse to believe it, but it's no different then changing a barrel on a gun, barrel change means a trip to the chrony. Bore size and paint diameter are an important match.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #47 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
How do you keep equipment owners from changing their barrels after the chrono?

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
Ballbreaker

Kilt Club
Other than chronoing each time you enter the field it would be impossible, or somebody saying they feel like they took a hot shot and ask that a marker be checked. At our field it hasn't come up but if I suspect that someone is deliberately turning their marker up after it has been chronoed first it would be a warning then the second time they would not be welcome back.
Angel A1 Black/Blue Fade
Bob Long Ripper 2
Nonesuch Mafia 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #49 (permalink)

We have a standing policy on our field, no extra barrels go on the playing field. We make it clear in the safety brief that if you want to change a barrel, CO-2 or Air tank you must re-chrono before you go back on field. We explain it's for the safety of all and if you don't do it you leave.

As for hot guns on the field that's again the reason they invented the pocket chrony to help catch the little cheating buggers that have no respect for the sport or their fellow players. In the brief we also cover no tools on the field. Getting caught with velocity adjustment wrenches gets you a warning and then bounced for a second offence.

As field operators we have to face the fact that some players will always try to find an edge weather it's within the rules or not. As a field operator it is our job to catch them so the other players can enjoy their day. Do we get them all, no but we do the best we can for our customers. That's how we earn our money.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
I drive the boat.

I see where you're coming from, we're FPO and only offer 2 grades of paint. Since we only sell quality stuff we don't have too many issues with it. However it would be a conversation for a different thread.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields