mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Sort of resurrecting this, but I live in SLC and am saddened at the lack of other options outside the main two indoor speedball fields. Although Addicts are still in the process of re-opening their new location and have not finished their "68 cal" fields yet. Xtreme (same owners) is just a mess, turf is never clean which really makes it not fun. They are going to be going to strictly .50 cal soon. So we have Retribution which is a cool field, but only open in the summer months. Addicts should be a good place to go once up and running. There is Action Center in Morgan which is a bit of a drive, but from what I have seen it looks like a great field. It's by reservation only pretty much, but if you look on their calendar, the owner allows walk-on players for any date not marked as private. I think I would feel bad going up there alone and dropping in on some people's group, even though it is allowed. I am part of the Odgen paintball group as well as Hobble Creek Paintball Warriors but have yet to play either fields. If I recall, there is Hobble Creek which in the Springville area and Ogden play at "the Marriott field". Could be wrong though. Squaw Peak seemed great but sounds like it's dead.

Like you, I am down to drive to a little bit for some good paintball fun. So I'll send you a PM to keep in touch and hopefully we can roll together!

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0

Last edited by iamthelazerviking; 01-08-2018 at 03:22 PM.
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I played at Xtreme this weekend and actually had a blast.

But you're right: the turf was disgusting. Made for easy sliding though.

I wanted to go up to Action Center last summer but didn't have time, though I have called and spoken with the owner and, as you said, they allow walk ons to join the private games. Maybe we can plan a trip this summer and get up there. Maybe Magmoormaster would be able to go?

You should definitely come down to the Hobble Creek games; not Provo - Springville. The field is up Hobble Creek Canyon. The field is small - frankly, it's speedball in the woods - but it's a fun field with a great crew that runs it.

I've played at Squaw Peak a few times but I think it is basically off limits now.

There is also the field in Eagle mountain (google maps...search for eagle mountain paintball field and someone has marked it lol). That field is in a state of disrepair; I don't think Team Desert Edge maintains it anymore, but there are still some pretty big bunkers and lots of cedar trees to hide behind. And sand. Lots of sand.

I organized a game there over the summer, though it's still a drive for you.
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

I would be interested in checking out the Eagle Mountain field. If it's not in too horrible of shape I am sure a few of us could get it in playable condition once again. Looks like it was a pretty neat set up: https://www.freearenas.com/eagle-mou...tain-utah.html

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
Old 01-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Just to add to Eagle Mountain/Desert Edge, looks like it was in use not too long ago. Found this guy's videos and he has footage from Eagle Mt. and a few of the other fields discussed.

https://youtu.be/esTACgPQfKk

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
Old 01-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yep that's the field. I wish it was used more often. Let me know if you want to see it and I'll meet you there.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
I played at Xtreme this weekend and actually had a blast.

But you're right: the turf was disgusting. Made for easy sliding though.

I wanted to go up to Action Center last summer but didn't have time, though I have called and spoken with the owner and, as you said, they allow walk ons to join the private games. Maybe we can plan a trip this summer and get up there. Maybe Magmoormaster would be able to go?
No.

lol nah I'd be down, time permitting.

Quote:
You should definitely come down to the Hobble Creek games; not Provo - Springville. The field is up Hobble Creek Canyon. The field is small - frankly, it's speedball in the woods - but it's a fun field with a great crew that runs it.

I've played at Squaw Peak a few times but I think it is basically off limits now.
That's a bit of a stretch. It might not be huge but it's not speedball sized. It's a lot wider and when you consider how far back the starting 'bases' are, it's quite a bit longer as well.

The legality of Squaw Peak was in question throughout much of the year, but I have it on Sheriff's authority that the Archery Range does not own it. It is legal to play there. It doesn't have an active group, but it wouldn't be too hard to get a game there. It is much closer to a speedball field than hobble. I've laned people off the break with a mech spyder there once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
I would be interested in checking out the Eagle Mountain field. If it's not in too horrible of shape I am sure a few of us could get it in playable condition once again. Looks like it was a pretty neat set up: https://www.freearenas.com/eagle-mou...tain-utah.html
Don't quote me on this, but the Desert Edge guys said that field, their home field, was off limits due to new zoning laws by the city. That's why Battlefield Utah supposedly died and is now held outside of the state. I am also in SLC and would LOVE a true woodsball field closer to the city. I would love to hit Action Center one of these days.
Indoor is cool and all but it is super expensive and rough on my oldish bones hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Don't quote me on this, but the Desert Edge guys said that field, their home field, was off limits due to new zoning laws by the city. That's why Battlefield Utah supposedly died and is now held outside of the state. I am also in SLC and would LOVE a true woodsball field closer to the city. I would love to hit Action Center one of these days.
Indoor is cool and all but it is super expensive and rough on my oldish bones hahaha
Actually, eagle mountain city code doesn't define paintball guns as firearms and it is entirely legal to discharge them within city limits.

But that doesn't matter, because the field is on private property and when I organized the game last summer we had explicit written permission for the game.

There was a separate, second field called 'the island' I believe that was on public land and Desert Edge may have run into issues with that (specifically monetizing a scenario game there) but I'm extending outside of my direct knowledge of events.

Magmoormaster might be able to explain better
Old 01-09-2018, 01:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
No.
https://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...06/325/b31.jpg

lol nah I'd be down, time permitting.

That's a bit of a stretch. It might not be huge but it's not speedball sized. It's a lot wider and when you consider how far back the starting 'bases' are, it's quite a bit longer as well.

The legality of Squaw Peak was in question throughout much of the year, but I have it on Sheriff's authority that the Archery Range does not own it. It is legal to play there. It doesn't have an active group, but it wouldn't be too hard to get a game there. It is much closer to a speedball field than hobble. I've laned people off the break with a mech spyder there once.
That's fair. Yeah, not huge. When I think 'woodsball' I want enough space to roam :-)

This summer let's get some games going at squaw peak!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Actually, eagle mountain city code doesn't define paintball guns as firearms and it is entirely legal to discharge them within city limits.

But that doesn't matter, because the field is on private property and when I organized the game last summer we had explicit written permission for the game.

There was a separate, second field called 'the island' I believe that was on public land and Desert Edge may have run into issues with that (specifically monetizing a scenario game there) but I'm extending outside of my direct knowledge of events.

Magmoormaster might be able to explain better
Where is this in relation to the Island field? Yeah, the old Island is what I was thinking about the Island field, thought that somehow got resurrected. It's a shame there are no more big games in Utah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields