mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
Why didn't the test group like the unit without the deflection angle? I think that would be more comfortable to shoot instead of pointing the barrel up.
I don't get that either. Whenever I tried the Apex 1, I was satisfied with the first spin setting. It wasn't much, but it helped enough for me to like it. The downward deflection of the other settings were too distracting.
Tolgak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Design and construction looks like a big improvement over the original. I will actually consider buying one of these now, would make a nice addition to my scopey sniper for more longball kills
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Tubular!

This is completely ot but Painthappy's carpet is now synonymous with mcb. That should just be the site skin.

I hadn't thought the Apex was as widely popular as it is. Glad to see work done to improve it. Heck, it seems to have evolved much faster than many other paintball accessories.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

I liked my apex. Had it mounted on a 14" ceramic and used setting 2 for straight shots. I just never used it in games so I sold it. If I ever get around to making a milsim sniper, this is definitely on my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It looks nice and I like the tool-less idea but it should perform the same as an Apex v1. All it does is spin the ball at different rates. That should mean your barrel would be angled the same, given that the ramp angles are the same.

Most people shoot in the 4-5 settings, which only applies a small amount of backspin for a flatter trajectory. That doesn't require the huge 30 angle like you would find on settings 7-8. The Apex v2 should be similar. Not sure why they included another setting.
Lord Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskii View Post
This is one of those things I never got about the Apex barrels... You have to aim up to get the longer shot (and god knows if it'll go where you want it to because of the freaky backspin); but without the Apex, you still need to aim up to get a longer shot... I only found the Apex good for shooting around corners and such (which I successfully did once mind you).
Had you backed it out to a middle-ish setting like I used to, you got a nice flat shot without having to raise your barrel, and plenty of extra range/accuracy. But then again, you always were an "all or nothing" kind of guy
Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
TheMember

So based on what I am reading there should be no issues putting one of these on a Lapco Assault barrel? Just curious.

feedback
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

if you cant fit it on a 1" barrel, they make a 3/4" adapter. ive always just wrapped the tip in electrical tape and you cant tell the difference between that and the orings on the stock one.

Quote:
Quote:
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
Old 11-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member

How does it physically attach to a barrel? Clamp, screws, threads, what? Not knowing that prevented me from buying the first, but I have money in paypal, I might give this a try. What is the MSRP going to be?
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

orings in grooves, then this model looks like they just slide over. on the original you had to unscrew the apex to get it to fit over the orings.

Quote:
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News