mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #91 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
I don't see this as JUST a pump hopper, we've all discussed the merits of having a small frontman on the airball field, this would be another way to keep them playing light and tight.
very good point, as I have said before, this would quick become my only loader. even when I played semi I never carried pods over the 100 round capacity, 140 just seemed excessive to me.

Photo blog: https://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #92 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
very good point, as I have said before, this would quick become my only loader. even when I played semi I never carried pods over the 100 round capacity, 140 just seemed excessive to me.
The game has evolved passed that I think. I think today's (tournament ball at least - which seems to be what everyone wants to emulate) front man starts in the mid - and at times in the back and needs that kind of volume to get him from bunker to bunker.

I don't think you will see enough return on production to sell this hopper in the kind of volume needed.

In terms of guaranteeing a ball in the chamber - I would rather stay lighter and better balanced all the time rather than the odd misfeed I get (and I get a misfeed about every four full days of play). It is not worth it - and I don't think you will see many people deeming it is worth the expense either.

I think many people who use a rotor also shoot semi's so there is no loss - but if you look at a 75 dollar hopper (and that price point seems low) compared to an 8 dollar Sportshot. I simply don't get it.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #93 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I agree with that^ However, for recball I think this thing is a great option. I never fill my halo, revvy, or Vlocity all the way up even half way but I just like the fact that I can use them on other guns that might require a faster loader.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #94 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
the only reason i shoot a rotor is for the 100% gaurentee that there is a ball in the chamber when i pull the trigger.

the only time i ever play another team of JUST pumps, is in tournys, the rest of the time its the ramping etek3 kid who sets it on 15bps so he can pin us and have somebody else get the kill, or force us to snap against his stream

i didnt feed 4 or 5 times yesterday, first time using my sportshot in a long time... it'll probably go back in the gearbag and my rotor will stay on.

would you pay extra for airbags or a seatbelt in your car? i would. i like the peace of mind. same goes for my hopper.
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #95 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
The game has evolved passed that I think. I think today's (tournament ball at least - which seems to be what everyone wants to emulate) front man starts in the mid - and at times in the back and needs that kind of volume to get him from bunker to bunker.

I don't think you will see enough return on production to sell this hopper in the kind of volume needed.

In terms of guaranteeing a ball in the chamber - I would rather stay lighter and better balanced all the time rather than the odd misfeed I get (and I get a misfeed about every four full days of play). It is not worth it - and I don't think you will see many people deeming it is worth the expense either.

I think many people who use a rotor also shoot semi's so there is no loss - but if you look at a 75 dollar hopper (and that price point seems low) compared to an 8 dollar Sportshot. I simply don't get it.

TF
I agree with you, the game has evolved, but I havent, and I only play recball anyway. to be honest getting a forcefed loader in the first place seemed overly expensive. but I took it over a revvy because I found it lower profile and because it guaranteed me that chambered round when I played semi. since I only play recball I'm at as much a disadvantage going up against space dildos using a pump as I am carrying 100 round pods, so same difference in my book. I think this thing will be a big hit for the rec players.

to be completely honest, products keep getting built for tourney style play and players, and I dont think its gotten us to a place many of us really want to be as a sport. time for something different perhaps?

If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #96 (permalink)
Igloo member

^^ continuing with the sentence
"products keep getting built for tourney style play and players, and I dont think its gotten us to a place many of us really want to be as a sport."

A absolute vast majority of players are rec ball, they are week end worriers, or like myself. Bi monthly pilgrims due to university or collage (or what ever you Americans call it)

If I want a marker, I dont have an issue spending 200 - 300 - 400 - 500$ on one, its What its going to do. I have only ever played semi. that's it, never used any other mode. If I want a higher quality piece of equipment, I know im spending more

So if a company put a board with Semi on it, and rather then making it a "super board" with 20 different modes, made it durable, easy to replace if needed (cheaper too) and much more battery efficient, I'd rather that board.

Same goes with a hopper, my finger really will only ever get to about 12 BPS. yes some people can reach 15, and im sure there is one internet kid who's fingers will hit 25BPS (you even have you toob video proof!!)

But a hopper that's lighter, feeds 15BPS, and works awesome on batteries. once again, all I need. I don't need "7 Super quick timing reflex ball stack tension adjustments and 4 RF modes"
I want "On.. and Off"

for a agitated or a hopper which will force feed balls much like a pinokio with the bend senser (which works awesome for battery life) 100 round is fine. I'd play with it no problem.

There is a line between "Something which works" and "Something which works, and has all these features" that little extra "all these features" part is why we end up with a Piece of "superlightweight carby-tonic plastic feeds paintballs at 25BPS always 100% going to put a paintball there" which costs 180$.... when we could really start getting "Puts a paintball there. just faster then you can fire made with regular plastic" at 60$

Last edited by Eskimo; 01-02-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #97 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
... products keep getting built for tourney style play and players, and I dont think its gotten us to a place many of us really want to be as a sport.
This is why I left the sport for the last 6 years. Ridiculous rates of fire. 2000 round games. $1500 guns just to keep up. It's too damn expensive to have a little fun with your buddies. This is why Tippman is and will remain king. I personally don't have one, but almost everyone either has one or has used one or has been shot by one.

Build me a hopper for the rec player! Low weight. Low profile. 13 or so bps. Reliable. Easy to clean. Low cost. Do I ask for too much?
Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #98 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post

Build me a hopper for the rec player! Low weight. Low profile. 13 or so bps. Reliable. Easy to clean. Low cost. Do I ask for too much?
I agree with this sentiment, especially the low cost aspect, alas, I doubt its possible. As has been brought up earlier in this thread, the cost to really get this thing to market in terms of tooling to produce is probably staggering. If it is indeed real, people who want it will probably have to pay dearly for it. I however admit I'll be one of those people, if just to give it a shot. A lot of ballers (especially on this site) are like that. Sure, it may not be as big a sensation as a rotor etc, but I believe there is at very least a niche market for this product that a well financed entity would be willing to take a gamble on.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #99 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
i agree with the bps

no need for anything over 15

but its gotta be force feed with eyes
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I think folks are forgetting that any small hopper will be marketed towards limited paint semis as well as pump players. Giving it the capability to keep up with a fast semi should be on the drawing board, otherwise you are diminishing the size of the demographic you are selling to.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News