mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   Stark Pursuit 'Menace' Magwell for Phantom (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/239481-stark-pursuit-menace-magwell-phantom.html)

Magoo 08-08-2013 09:04 PM

I don't know. For my personal play style, I can't justify it. I just can't imagine a situation where I would need the force feed. Been getting along fine without over the course of many SC markers. But that's just me, so YMMV.

p8ntninja 08-08-2013 11:01 PM

I have recently been playing snake while pumping and while crawling my marker is always on its side. This would allow me to chamber a round without having to orient the marker to its normal shooting position.

hipboyscott 08-09-2013 01:39 AM

Well it diddn't exist before. I saw where a ZetaMag-fed Phantom was not, and said 'No. This will not do.'

(Penny Arcade - The Hippothalamus)

And if in doing so, it gives someone else a new benefit or ability they did not have before, great! If 10-round tubes are all a player needs to rock out, cock out, and get you out, then maybe no need to change, and leave the Zetamags for those who fit into that niche.

For me, I see one of the benefits as being increased compatibility between markers. I haven't had a 10-round tube rig in many years, but I do have a pistol belt setup for my TiPX and zetamags. So for me the ability to just drop my TiPX and pick up any other gun in my arsenal and still be able to rock is a nice ability.

The other benefit is having a magfed pump gun for magfed events, that isn't a damn Hammer 7.

The last benefit is, I love my Phantom, I love my ZetaMags, and it's pretty badass to get to use them together. I think I may have actually mentioned that already in essence, but damn is it a good benefit.

subyrally 08-09-2013 10:06 AM

i wonder if ythey would help me make a mag well for one of my cocker rifle projects, lol

RepomanGene 08-09-2013 10:20 AM

I wouldn't even play at a mag-fed event that didn't allow a 10rnd tube feed pump gun. those are the OG Mag-fed guns.

as far as the "well" idea goes...keep cranking them out for other guns !

I don't agree that the mag well makes the gun " better" as now it wouldn't be allowed in a stockclass game...were the tube fed Phantom can play every format.

Oksoldier20 08-09-2013 01:20 PM

But what about all the modding potential?
How many people have managed to fit a phantom feedblock onto other markers?

punisher068 08-09-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subyrally (Post 2776617)
i wonder if ythey would help me make a mag well for one of my cocker rifle projects, lol

2nd that
Wish someone would come up with a "universal" magwell
Odd that they come up with this for a Tracer without the benefit of using FS

subyrally 08-09-2013 02:48 PM

indeed

Wolfman 08-09-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oksoldier20 (Post 2776721)
But what about all the modding potential?
How many people have managed to fit a phantom feedblock onto other markers?

Got one on my Nelly! I think the idea of the magwell is a nice one, but not a particularly practical one - literally the only benefit I can see (for me) for using one is that my teammates use TiPX's, so if I had the block in my kitbag I could always swap it out if we wanted to start flinging mags at each other left, right and center. :p

njk 08-09-2013 10:28 PM

I'll probably buy one to have it. One day might be worth something as an oddity. I don't see a practical use for it, especially when 10Rd tubes are super cheap and easy to come by now days.

Nate.