mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #201 (permalink)

So 13.3 was the number some corporate think tank came up with... great. Hope it saves them loads of money. Now if they could just ban spectator coaching I might actually respect PSP as a league.

Lol I haven't seen Blackballed but it sounds pretty funny. Anyone know if you can netflix it? Might try to convince the lab guy I work with to request it.

The ramping vs. unlimited semi issue is quite interesting. Personally I have always thought nppl was the better of the two series, more pure in a sense. I can see the argument for the route psp has taken... it's def easier to regulate cheating with a rof cap.

From my brief experiance photographing at a nppl event I gathered that the refs really test out the guns when they chrono them, but I know theres ways around being detected and all that. I'm no expert in the matter. I think ramping is lame, but again I can certainly see the problems it solves vs. unlimited semi and the open invitation/advantage for cheater boards. Maybe nppl should figure out what the max rate an above average set of fingers can humanly pull and set a cap there... what would be wrong with that? I guess it's just more complex than that
Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #202 (permalink)
drg
Banned

A single trigger/one-finger rule would solve everything
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
A single trigger/one-finger rule would solve everything

Not when the 14 year olds can walk the trigger on my single finger DM3. Blew my mind when I saw it. That and everyone will return to finger banging the crap out of their guns. Inaccurate but effective.
b to the a to the k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 AM   #204 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Yeah, I said ONE FINGER RULE for a reason.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:53 AM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
Field I work at sponsers a DII PSP team. Part Time Ninjas...

Anyways, I've they're all practicing at 12 something bps cap with psp ramping.

Well...

It's a third of a cycle a second. So after three seconds, you get an extra ball. Not a huge deal.. But yeah.

no, thats not quite right. then its 13bps, 13bps followed by 14bps then dropping back down to 13. if one was to fire at 13bps continuously for 3 seconds (throwing out the .01 margin of error)

capping at 13.33bps will mean 13bps or 13bps then a chop. if i was granted an extra ball every 3 seconds then shouldnt i be granted the liberty of saving it up and firing 30bps in a burst followed by a minute or so behind cover?

thats gonna cause alot of problems and they need to decide 13bps or 14bps.

capping it at 13.33bps is just gonna cause alot of problems and dispute over the extra .33

if i fire 13bps for 1 second, then duck behind cover for 5 seconds, followed by another capped burst of 13 (theroticly assuming i stop at exactly 13 each time) followed by another 5 seconds behind cover, am i now granted 14bps? does it reset if im not continuously firing?

yes i realize that 1 extra ball on the 3rd second isnt gonna matter much in terms of gameplay, but in terms of arguements upon players exceeding the capped speed and disputes and debates about what it means, i see alot of problems with it
Tessaract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #206 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessaract View Post
no, thats not quite right. then its 13bps, 13bps followed by 14bps then dropping back down to 13. if one was to fire at 13bps continuously for 3 seconds (throwing out the .01 margin of error)

capping at 13.33bps will mean 13bps or 13bps then a chop. if i was granted an extra ball every 3 seconds then shouldnt i be granted the liberty of saving it up and firing 30bps in a burst followed by a minute or so behind cover?

capping it at 13.33bps is just gonna cause alot of problems and dispute over the extra .33

if i fire 13bps for 1 second, then duck behind cover for 5 seconds, followed by another capped burst of 13 (theroticly assuming i stop at exactly 13 each time) followed by another 5 seconds behind cover, am i now granted 14bps? does it reset if im not continuously firing?

yes i realize that 1 extra ball on the 3rd second isnt gonna matter much in terms of gameplay, but in terms of arguements upon players exceeding the capped speed and disputes and debates about what it means, i see alot of problems with it
If there is less than a 75ms gap between shots then you are beyond 13.33BPS and will be penalized. 75ms was chosen because it's an easy number to remember, easy to set the gun up with and easy to identify on the speed checkers. It just so happens that 75ms works out to 13.33BPS. They don't count the BPS, they count the time between shots. If they counted BPS over 3 seconds for example, there would be cheater boards with alogorhythms that allowed for faster shooting at first with slower shooting at the end to meet the 13.33BPS cap but also give an unfair advantage at the begining of the stream.

Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #207 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessaract View Post

13.33 doesn't mean you get 13 balls a second and then a chop. It means thirteen balls a second, and then a third of a firing cycle.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
If there is less than a 75ms gap between shots then you are beyond 13.33BPS and will be penalized. 75ms was chosen because it's an easy number to remember, easy to set the gun up with and easy to identify on the speed checkers. It just so happens that 75ms works out to 13.33BPS. They don't count the BPS, they count the time between shots. If they counted BPS over 3 seconds for example, there would be cheater boards with alogorhythms that allowed for faster shooting at first with slower shooting at the end to meet the 13.33BPS cap but also give an unfair advantage at the begining of the stream.
ah, that makes alot more sense than 13.33 bps.

though i still dont see the point for the change. heck i say leave it uncapped, let the sport grow and advance to however far it possibly can
Tessaract is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News