mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-29-2016, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Virtue Spire 200 Classic - This week Sale - $99.95

Link: Check out these Insane Deals by Virtue | Virtue Paintball

Says it's a Cyber Monday 5 Day sale.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Actually a reasonable price
Old 11-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
They're cheaper at Rockstar Tactical and with more color options. Spire is $99 and the Spire 260 is $119. Free shipping over $79 too. The UPS shipping only option from Virtue's site killed it for me.

I purchased from Rockstar.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

most of the color options are out of stock--cheesy sales tactic: leave all of the sales items up as if they are available, but when you no go to buy, nope, sorry out of stock. but the free shipping is a nice bonus.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
most of the color options are out of stock--cheesy sales tactic: leave all of the sales items up as if they are available, but when you no go to buy, nope, sorry out of stock. but the free shipping is a nice bonus.
The FDE sold out within five minutes of me submitting my order. I wasn't worried because they have that in stock guarantee, but I was half waiting for an email.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

I've never gotten a chance to use or even inspect a Spire. They obviously load paint fast and reliably. But how is their durability compared to a Rotor? I'm particularly interested in their shells and neck; can they take a beating like the Rotors?

I'm just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a Spire for $99. My Prophesy does great but I'm eventually gonna break its shells.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
They're cheaper at Rockstar Tactical and with more color options. Spire is $99 and the Spire 260 is $119. Free shipping over $79 too. The UPS shipping only option from Virtue's site killed it for me.

Dang, thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I've never gotten a chance to use or even inspect a Spire. They obviously load paint fast and reliably. But how is their durability compared to a Rotor? I'm particularly interested in their shells and neck; can they take a beating like the Rotors?

I'm just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a Spire for $99. My Prophesy does great but I'm eventually gonna break its shells.
I'm taking my new one (picked it up when they had the sale last week, $200 for a Spire and Vio Extends) out next Thursday, so I'll let you know then for sure, but the shell feels as good as my Rotor's. I picked up the Spire based on the awesome feedback they get from everybody at my local field.
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

My Spire arrives today. I needed to see the post sooner Oh well, I don't mind the color I got and 200 vs 260 won't kill me.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

I picked up a 260 round body and cheap speedfeed from Rockstar Tactical, they showed up yesterday. Excited to try them out as well.
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News