mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
So uh, not to derail the thread too much but if any of you want to come to EMR next weekend for Kilo Six Nine: Bravo I'll be there running my Phantom with Apocalypse springpheed.

They just recently passed the 150 mark for pre-registration and I believe they extended pre-reg till Friday. Would love to play with some MCB'ers - reg and fight for Red (Chimera).

Went to this event last year and had a blast - EMR still hosts great events, though attendance and promotion seem to be put squarely in the hands of the event creators.

Feedback | YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Tippmann 98s do not have problems. You've broken the universe. Impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
Dang, I was going to give you my thesis outline
"Psycho-Sexual Paintball; an analysis of penile ejaculatory surrogacy in paintball marking devices"
Obake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Mag fed only though

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mag fed only though
True - thankfully MagFedSociety has Rule #4 which allows "INTERNAL / EXTERNAL SPRING ASSISTED TUBE FED" (not yelling just in caps from where I copied from).

This rule is why I and other pump fans like and attend MFS run magfed only games more than any other as we can slap springfeeds on our pump markers and play.

Feedback | YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Tippmann 98s do not have problems. You've broken the universe. Impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
Dang, I was going to give you my thesis outline
"Psycho-Sexual Paintball; an analysis of penile ejaculatory surrogacy in paintball marking devices"
Obake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
What is most unfortunate is that players who love the field and would travel hundreds of miles to attend are giving up on it. Only because they're not just being left out of the loop, but the fact there is no loop to be either in or out of.
ayep
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Why am I only now hearing about this event? I would have had this game on my radar a long time ago had they promoted the damn thing.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

from someone that took business class and work for place where if you do not promote or have ads about event or items going on sale how are people to know what happen or going to happen.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
from someone that took business class and work for place where if you do not promote or have ads about event or items going on sale how are people to know what happen or going to happen.
This seems to be how things are done now... Canadian Carnage got canceled this year due to poor pre registration but the only advertising was an occasional update on Facebook.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
My job is pretty cool

Hey everyone I just want to say a little something regardless if I am right or wrong. As I Run EMR, this is my life, my work, my home , also the foundation of building my future family. I get everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get people are upset of the cancellation of the event. I am not here to complain, make excuses, or bitch about what goes on with EMR. I'm at EMR 24/7. I am a one man army here trying to get EMR back to what it used to be. Yes the Owner lives out of state and I talk with him everyday but this is my show. He gave me the keys and said your the new face of EMR, now go gettem' kid. I'm trying to bring EMR back and give more for the players. Since I started I have made it my goal to turn this place around. It has been no easy task. You guys have no idea the behind the scene work that goes into running this facility. I'll work thru the night if i have to make things happen. In fact Ive almost died twice because the customer neglected to follow the rules or didn't think about their actions. Luckily I even escaped without being harmed. For customers its easy to point fingers and blame business when their are not happy. We get it and unfortunately there are going to be times that we can not make everyone happy.

Could we have advertised more? I'll say yes. But we did advertise this event. This is not just on the shoulders of the facility. The facility , The producer , the players all have to do a part. There wasn't much chatter about the event regardless of the advertising. For example our Larp events there is very little advertising but theres chatter among the people and we are seeing numbers of 300 plus. Airsoft as well. So how much advertising needs to be done if the players do not want to talk about an event. Also Peoples budgets are changing and there are so many events now its hard to people to be everywhere. We just got of Endless legends , maybe the event was to close to that and people used up their extra money and time off. There are so many different things on why we did not see the numbers for this event. Putting the blame to just one thing doesn't make sense.

Like I said I am at EMR 24/7 if theres an issue let me know 570-465-9622 call me . I'd be more than happy to listen. I don't see everything thats going on. I work out outside 90% of my day I don't sit at the computer waiting for a facebook status. I'm trying to improve the facility for you. If there something that can help me help you please let me know. Where do you want to see advertising? What kind of advertising do you want to see? I am open for suggestions. I'm here for you , obviously within reason but I'm here. I learn from my mistakes but like I tell people if i don't know if somethings going on or is address at a later time from the moment it takes places theres not to much I can do after the fact.

I don't want to argue about what should have been done. I am already working on solutions for next years Old School Event. It will be back and It will happen.

Thank you everyone for your time. Hope to see you again soon.

Tim
EMR Operations Manager
https://www.emreventpark.com
570-465-9622
tim@emreventpark.com
EMRTimmmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMRTimmmmy View Post
Hey everyone I just want to say a little something regardless if I am right or wrong. As I Run EMR, this is my life, my work, my home , also the foundation of building my future family. I get everyone is entitled to their opinion. I get people are upset of the cancellation of the event. I am not here to complain, make excuses, or bitch about what goes on with EMR. I'm at EMR 24/7. I am a one man army here trying to get EMR back to what it used to be. Yes the Owner lives out of state and I talk with him everyday but this is my show. He gave me the keys and said your the new face of EMR, now go gettem' kid. I'm trying to bring EMR back and give more for the players. Since I started I have made it my goal to turn this place around. It has been no easy task. You guys have no idea the behind the scene work that goes into running this facility. I'll work thru the night if i have to make things happen. In fact Ive almost died twice because the customer neglected to follow the rules or didn't think about their actions. Luckily I even escaped without being harmed. For customers its easy to point fingers and blame business when their are not happy. We get it and unfortunately there are going to be times that we can not make everyone happy.

Could we have advertised more? I'll say yes. But we did advertise this event. This is not just on the shoulders of the facility. The facility , The producer , the players all have to do a part. There wasn't much chatter about the event regardless of the advertising. For example our Larp events there is very little advertising but theres chatter among the people and we are seeing numbers of 300 plus. Airsoft as well. So how much advertising needs to be done if the players do not want to talk about an event. Also Peoples budgets are changing and there are so many events now its hard to people to be everywhere. We just got of Endless legends , maybe the event was to close to that and people used up their extra money and time off. There are so many different things on why we did not see the numbers for this event. Putting the blame to just one thing doesn't make sense.

Like I said I am at EMR 24/7 if theres an issue let me know 570-465-9622 call me . I'd be more than happy to listen. I don't see everything thats going on. I work out outside 90% of my day I don't sit at the computer waiting for a facebook status. I'm trying to improve the facility for you. If there something that can help me help you please let me know. Where do you want to see advertising? What kind of advertising do you want to see? I am open for suggestions. I'm here for you , obviously within reason but I'm here. I learn from my mistakes but like I tell people if i don't know if somethings going on or is address at a later time from the moment it takes places theres not to much I can do after the fact.

I don't want to argue about what should have been done. I am already working on solutions for next years Old School Event. It will be back and It will happen.

Thank you everyone for your time. Hope to see you again soon.

Tim
EMR Operations Manager
From the sound of it, Painthappy is more than willing to help you out by advertising on this forum. That's a solid start.
Most places also have an email list and they'll send out an email once a month about events.

Where are you advertising at? It doesn't sound like many people knew about it; it's very hard to create a buzz when there's not many people who know about it.
A niche event like this seems really cool until you realize that you're really killing the player base by limiting the markers that they can bring. It's probally better to run an open play day where if you bring an old marker, you get some sort of discount. Then you can see how many people show up, and you can even run games with just those players.

Last edited by martix_agent; 10-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
My job is pretty cool

Next year it will be on the same day as one of our open play dates. That way if you wanted to do both you have the option and may encourage new players to want to try it out. Free entry for pass holders, $20 entry for non , $65 a case.
https://www.emreventpark.com
570-465-9622
tim@emreventpark.com
EMRTimmmmy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News