mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

OMG... What the hell? Who are they making this marker for? They already seem to have something for nearly every demographic:
MagFed/MilSim (TCR/TMC/TipX)
'Performance Woodsball' / Tacticalish (Stryker, Phenom, A-5)
Entry level (US Army, Cronus, Gryphon)
Speedball (XVR)

I'm not going to dis the mechanical hopper- maybe it'll operate similarly to the cyclone? It's an alternative form factor which, I get but it's too expensive for entry level which means it's for speedball or performance woodsball / tacticalish crowds but, then it has that double finger trigger and the faux mag...

I dare say that this is the first woodsball space *****....
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

So I wonder if there's a more conventional version on the way with a normal feedneck. A cocker-threaded eNMEy would be a welcome thing, assuming you can easily remove that dumb regulator cover.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'm surprised nobody has posted the GI sports "Stealth" aka rebadged Gtek 160r...

Old 11-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

*sigh* - It is the beginning of the end for me. I have always been a Tippmann fan, but really? Who asked for this thing? Is there really a demand for the "mechanical style of play and the no nonsense freedom of a loader integrated marker". If there is, kudos for finding that market space, but no way am I shucking out $300 for the "no nonsense" loader system that they won't even show us pictures of...
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Tippmann teally has a knack for the fugliest guns out there
Triumph, Cronos,Stryker,now this,abomination.

I am pretty excited if they've powered a Cyclone off a mech spoolie,I've been trying to do this with an Ion forever without much success.If it's a windup hopper instead that'd be cool too

At $300 its worth the $ to hack it to pieces for a project
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
So I wonder if there's a more conventional version on the way with a normal feedneck. A cocker-threaded eNMEy would be a welcome thing, assuming you can easily remove that dumb regulator cover.
The Stryker reg cover comes off easily,I'll assume this does too.
It's pretty fat and much like a modern Maxflo.Bonus to them for adding an overpressurizing bleed off on the Stryker reg
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third of Five View Post
*sigh* - It is the beginning of the end for me. I have always been a Tippmann fan, but really? Who asked for this thing? Is there really a demand for the "mechanical style of play and the no nonsense freedom of a loader integrated marker". If there is, kudos for finding that market space, but no way am I shucking out $300 for the "no nonsense" loader system that they won't even show us pictures of...
In Tippmann's defense, the gun hasn't actually been announced yet. The ANSGear listing is basically just a tolerated leak. There's zilch about this gun on Tippmann's official webpage, YouTube channel, or social media yet.

Also, I think a large segment of Tippmann's historical user base is kind of primed for a "hopperless" gun like this. The continued popularity of something like the A5 bears that out. Some people are really drawn to the way the A5 moves the hopper out of your line of sight, and will even tolerate something as needlessly complicated as Tippmann's RT system to avoid having batteries run the gun.

I would agree that the look of the thing is going to turn a lot of people off, and they probably should have made a greater effort to have it resemble real world analogues like the H&K G11 or FN P90, but the concept of the Raider itself should be interesting and unique enough to draw a lot of people in.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just wish on these integrated hoppers they would drop them low enough allow for mask clearance. Why is this so hard to do? Or could someone please design a reliable boxmag that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. At least a box mag would/could have wider appeal by changing the mag adapter.

AM Sentinel and ION MAXD for sale
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ml#post3318647

Misc Sale: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...yder-more.html

wanted:
Parts: Left feed sterling body/whole gun spyder threads preferred.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hideous, yet intriguing.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
[DAWN]

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
In Tippmann's defense, the gun hasn't actually been announced yet. The ANSGear listing is basically just a tolerated leak. There's zilch about this gun on Tippmann's official webpage, YouTube channel, or social media yet.
"Tolerated leaks" are fine by me, just tickles me that it's as though it were for preorder on a major internet retailer. It would sound more legit to me as a product announcement if it on a blog than one ANS' site.

Something something Angel Eyes, something something Eyon.
Kapyrna is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News