mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Last time I checked PE had NOTHING to do with those clowns. However, if you need to rid yourself of a "tainted" SL8R, I will gladly take it off you.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
As I understand it, yes, when GI was formed, the G was for Gardner. However, i think they are no longer involved. Bought out/sold out.

No fan of GI or SP.
Not involved but still using the same playbook? I don't think they sold out, just "stepped back" from what I was told.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
MVP its not brain science

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Brass View Post
Who is granting these patents? Sensor, agitator, extended run... Isn't that how all battery hoppers work?
That is the scary part. This is also for masks and most of these could set a very bad precedent if they were to win. Hoppers and masks aren't exactly using that many different technologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
players and fields need to boycott anything GI for about 6 months and let them know we are tired of them trying to put all the other paintball companies out of business.
Unfortunately this is usually much easier said than done, most fields are under some sort of contract, sponsorships can be difficult to break and there is a lot of player ignorance and apathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
Not involved but still using the same playbook? I don't think they sold out, just "stepped back" from what I was told.
That is my understanding as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
Ditto to everything said here. But also, doesnt Planet Eclipse fall under their umbrella too? If so, then its going to be a tough decision if i can keep my SL8R or not.
GI has no direct affiliation with PE as far as I know.

My MCarterBrown Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace
Like any thread on MCB ever stays on one topic. Just pick something random and join in.
grimcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
MVP its not brain science

CCM Fan
Time for me to make a FGIS jersey to go with my FSP jersey.

My MCarterBrown Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace
Like any thread on MCB ever stays on one topic. Just pick something random and join in.
grimcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
players and fields need to boycott anything GI for about 6 months and let them know we are tired of them trying to put all the other paintball companies out of business.
We don't have a choice in my area. All the big fields are GI paint only and it is all FPO here except for a couple of big outlaw fields that only open maybe a weekend a month.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Hopefully the judge overseeing this, recognizes this as frivolous and dismisses the case. This is blatant patent abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

**** you GI Sports. I will never own your products. I hope I see your booth the next big game I visit Iíll tell you all what ****bags you are.

Every day people are leaving the Catholic Church... and returning to God.
Rover Lead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
Last time I checked PE had NOTHING to do with those clowns. However, if you need to rid yourself of a "tainted" SL8R, I will gladly take it off you.
Thats more or less what ive been thinking, but i thought at some point PE was involved with KEE, and thus GI, since they now own KEE.

Edit: the confusing part to me is that GI sponsorships allow the use of PE equipment
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Plano, TX by way of Pasadena, CA by way of Memphis, TN
Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Is that how GI Sportz got into the market so far and so fast? They own Kee? What about Valken? What is the situation with them, and with Summit (I think that is the group that owns Tippmann now)?
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
Is that how GI Sportz got into the market so far and so fast? They own Kee? What about Valken? What is the situation with them, and with Summit (I think that is the group that owns Tippmann now)?
No, GI first bought Procaps(?) and DXS, then they bought Tippmann in 2013. I dont know when they bought KEE, but yes, they own them, which means Empire, Vforce, JT, and others. They do not own Valken (obviously, because they just sued them last year over the Valken Code looking like the Invert Mini)
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News