mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #101 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

How many MCB'ers have pumps that cost 800 or more? I don't understand the complaint a about a high end mech based on a modern electro costing that much
Old 02-26-2018, 06:34 AM   #102 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Have MSG View Post
How many MCB'ers have pumps that cost 800 or more? I don't understand the complaint a about a high end mech based on a modern electro costing that much
Because other companies are doing similar high end mechs for less?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:01 AM   #103 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Have MSG View Post
Probably the vast majority don't - I certainly don't, and I definitely can't afford an $800 mech. Then again, I don't play tournaments OR play on a team so I'm definitely a minority in this argument.

It's great that mechs are coming back, I just wish they were coming back at a level that was affordable to the average player, like base Mags and Cockers were when I started.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #104 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
Because other companies are doing similar high end mechs for less?
Who?

Again, the only similar mech I can think of is the Gmek, which 1) doesn’t come as a complete marker, and 2) lacks features that the CVO has, such as all-metal and macro-less construction.

There’s a loose argument for the Crossover I guess but it was already at a mid range price and wasn’t very successful, for whatever reason.

ENMEy and now Emek are modern construction but not all-metal and are missing some features like on/off asa’s and clamping feednecks (might be wrong on the emek).

What else? Cockers? Mags? Not really in the same realm of modern construction. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s not comparing apples to apples.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #105 (permalink)

The frame only price is listed for 199.99 (799.99 entire gun) on a very popular paintball equipment website - not sure if I can mention the name or not. Somewhat tempting since the Rsx are on sale for 499.99 - two guns in one so I can essentially streamline my collection. I really enjoy mech guns and their simplicity.
GorillaRootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #106 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Who?

Again, the only similar mech I can think of is the Gmek, which 1) doesn’t come as a complete marker, and 2) lacks features that the CVO has, such as all-metal and macro-less construction.
It's not a complete gun thus far, you are correct. But you also get both frames and the OLED for $600. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd rather save the cash than have a 'complete gun'.

And it isn't like the CVO is coming as 'complete gun only'. The frame CVO upgrade kit is $200, $70 more than the Gmek kit.

In terms of all metal/hose-less? I don't really see those as separating the Shocker in any significant way from the GMEK. I generally find that mindset tired, even as companies leave macro behind entirely. Maybe that's because I shoot autocockers, which will continue to have macro for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure people will be putting both guns through the paces and comparing them, figuring out what best suits their needs. But having seen what Madman has done to his Gtek and how it continued to mow faces, I find it hard to believe the CVO will be more reliable or a better value in any perceivable way than the Gmek.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #107 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Based on their parent makers I don't consider them apples to apples. I can understand people quantifying price to performance, the Gtek/Mek is an amazing value for it's performance. But the XLS/RSX platform was never meant as it's direct competitor.

People want paintball to grow, this is growth and I am surprised by the negative responses. The whole reason this is coming about is pro teams/players are participating in events like the Iron City Classic and the upcoming Bay Area Classic. We are getting modern high end mechs out of this. I hope we see more.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #108 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

I'd agree. I think it's kinda great we're arguing over which *new *modern*high-end *mechanical, dare I say *mainstream, marker is the best value.

The (electro) LV1.1 is still sitting around $1000 CDN at the moment. People spend money on good stuff. And some people spend good money on new stuff every year. Don't worry, you don't have to justify it.

I, for one, would hope lots of people buy lots of these guns and then lots of mechanical tournaments happen. That would most likely result in further mechanical marker development and lead to tournament paintball that I'd totally start watching again.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:03 PM   #109 (permalink)
MCB Member

Price for the frame looks to be sitting at $200 on ANS for both RSX and XLS.
https://www.ansgear.com/SP_Shocker_R...cvoconvkit.htm
https://www.ansgear.com/SP_Shocker_X...cvoconvkit.htm

Availability as mentioned is Aprilish. If you want em grab em!
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News