mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
Awesome. GMEK, this hoseless mech highend ion, shocktech gunfighter frame. GREAT time for mech Paintball.

Wake up AGD....it’s time for a major update.
What are they supposed to do? Make more pretty body kits no one can afford? They already make a great mech gun. Short of releasing a factory pneumatic trigger setup, which wouldn't be allowed in a tourney, they have no other venue to explore.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I keep seeing all of these and going ok how do they improve in any way on the GoG eNMEy design? Honestly for a mech that's light and fast the only thing to improve on the GoG is the efficiency and even that is a moot point with all day air at most fields. I guess I just don't see any need to pay probably 3-5 times the price for the same platform. pneu activated spool valve. Only thing I wish GoG would do is make a cocker threaded breach but meh impulse/ion is common enough that you can find amazing barrels already I guess.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
What are they supposed to do? Make more pretty body kits no one can afford? They already make a great mech gun. Short of releasing a factory pneumatic trigger setup, which wouldn't be allowed in a tourney, they have no other venue to explore.
There are many possibilities.

1) plug the current air in hole in the valve, create a spacer that goes in between the valve chamber and the regulator half that allows air to get into the valve from a below point like a modern day spool gun.

2) this would allow hose less no macro line designs, and would allow all valves on the market to still be used.

3) using GRN create a a clam shell vert feed, super light, macro less, bad *** space gun body to slap the old new modded valve in. Then create a clam shell tactical mag fed swat team body to slap the old new modded valve in.

4) sell drop in modular trigger sets, ULE, RT, Phenu ect. For them.

5) Proffit and smile as a new generation of maggots rises out of the ancient mud

There is a TON of life left in the automag, just got a try to see outside of 1996.

Despite all these new mech guns hitting the market none of them have any way to prevent ball chopping except the automag.
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
pneumatic trigger setup, which wouldn't be allowed in a tourney
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that pneumatic triggers were mech tourney legal. After all the GMEK trigger is technically a pneumatic trigger, and I'm sure this new SP trigger is one too. Maybe you're thinking of response triggers, which aren't mech tourney legal.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

If this shoots as good as the TFG mech Ions I have it'll be a really nice shooter
I'm a lifelong Mag fan and mine still gets alot of field time but for weight,sound and lightness of trigger the (mech) Ion has it beat
I'll also note if you don't use a QEV on Ions they're inherently anti chop similar to the Level 10
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
I keep seeing all of these and going ok how do they improve in any way on the GoG eNMEy design? Honestly for a mech that's light and fast the only thing to improve on the GoG is the efficiency and even that is a moot point with all day air at most fields. I guess I just don't see any need to pay probably 3-5 times the price for the same platform. pneu activated spool valve. Only thing I wish GoG would do is make a cocker threaded breach but meh impulse/ion is common enough that you can find amazing barrels already I guess.
lol

There are a plethora of ways an RSX would be an improvement over an eNMEy. The full metal construction is an obvious one. The RSX bolt weighs a lot less than an eNMEy bolt, so it will be smoother and have better efficiency. And it has cocker threads.

Not to mention better ergos, hoseless design, etc etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that pneumatic triggers were mech tourney legal. After all the GMEK trigger is technically a pneumatic trigger, and I'm sure this new SP trigger is one too. Maybe you're thinking of response triggers, which aren't mech tourney legal.
That could be - I was pretty sure they also covered pneumags which, to me, are much different that the Gmek setup.

EDIT: Found the wording on the AGD Facebook page:

"Shall not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position without the use of tools (“reactive trigger”, “pneumatic trigger assists”).

So no, looks like they're not allowed.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 01-29-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
There are many possibilities.

1) plug the current air in hole in the valve, create a spacer that goes in between the valve chamber and the regulator half that allows air to get into the valve from a below point like a modern day spool gun.

2) this would allow hose less no macro line designs, and would allow all valves on the market to still be used.

3) using GRN create a a clam shell vert feed, super light, macro less, bad *** space gun body to slap the old new modded valve in. Then create a clam shell tactical mag fed swat team body to slap the old new modded valve in.

4) sell drop in modular trigger sets, ULE, RT, Phenu ect. For them.

5) Proffit and smile as a new generation of maggots rises out of the ancient mud

There is a TON of life left in the automag, just got a try to see outside of 1996.

Despite all these new mech guns hitting the market none of them have any way to prevent ball chopping except the automag.

So total redesign of their product line... vs. the other companies releasing a drop-in grip frame.

I don't see that happening.

Nummech has their new frame, virtually macroless, and I don't see too many people on here grabbing them up. Same price point as a Gmek, and if I was in the market for a Mag and had the cash, I'd be using their frame in a build, especially with the future pneumag upgrade option built into the frame.

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 01-29-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
lol

There are a plethora of ways an RSX would be an improvement over an eNMEy. The full metal construction is an obvious one. The RSX bolt weighs a lot less than an eNMEy bolt, so it will be smoother and have better efficiency. And it has cocker threads.

Is that worth the significant price premium however? Answer is no

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
lol

I didn't know that. #learning
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News