mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
mag shooter

pneumags weren't allowed in most tourneys because of the air assist. which really was a way of limiting the bps. same can be said for the cocker frames people are putting msv2's in.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

If this happens my body is ready...
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lordless Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
lol

There are a plethora of ways an RSX would be an improvement over an eNMEy. The full metal construction is an obvious one. The RSX bolt weighs a lot less than an eNMEy bolt, so it will be smoother and have better efficiency. And it has cocker threads.

Not to mention better ergos, hoseless design, etc etc...
TBH, a lot of this is negligible or user preference. I actually really, really like the GNR of the eNMEy pro. I play mostly big scenarios and I am pretty hard on my gear, not having to worry about scuffing up a big investment was a big plus for me. AC threads are nice if you have specific barrel preferences or other AC threaded guns. I'm actually annoyed by this because I shoot eNMEy's almost exclusively and I want one of these when they come out... I get that most people aren't in my situation and AC threading can be a big plus for them. Hoseless is.... I honestly don't get the hype behind it aside from aesthetics, but to each their own.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can see there's enough difference in price and finish to market both (and I'll be buying a Shocker mech at some point I'm sure - I think they are really sleek) but I have no illusion that will shoot at all better than my $250 eNMEy Pro - and it'll probably cost 2x as much.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
That could be - I was pretty sure they also covered pneumags which, to me, are much different that the Gmek setup.

EDIT: Found the wording on the AGD Facebook page:

"Shall not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position without the use of tools (“reactive trigger”, “pneumatic trigger assists”).

So no, looks like they're not allowed.
RT's and X-Valves can be tuned to be legal but it is an issue for the platform. Mags really haven't seen much of a resurgence like Cockers have because aside from AGD, there really isn't much appeal or support and the X-Valve w/ lvl10 still requires a good bit of tuning.
Simon breathed new life into the Cocker through Empire then went independent and started churning out limited designs. Then you had a few smaller high quality shops start back up and Shocktech coming back. It's possible that someone could do the same thing for AGD but I can't think of too many people who would.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
RT's and X-Valves can be tuned to be legal but it is an issue for the platform. Mags really haven't seen much of a resurgence like Cockers have because aside from AGD, there really isn't much appeal or support and the X-Valve w/ lvl10 still requires a good bit of tuning.
Simon breathed new life into the Cocker through Empire then went independent and started churning out limited designs. Then you had a few smaller high quality shops start back up and Shocktech coming back. It's possible that someone could do the same thing for AGD but I can't think of too many people who would.
honestly the mech tourney scene may do more for it than they planned. AGD doesnt have the funding for promotion. If they did im sure more people would be interested.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Club
I'm really surprised this is gaining as much traction as it is. I thought we'd see it stay in the cocker as a niche thing, then Eclipse started tinkering and now Smart Parts. Between the strength of Magfed and now this, it could be laying the ground work for what needed to happen to paintball ten years ago.
I'm wondering if we'll see a vertical feed loader that supports FSR soon.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Old 01-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
honestly the mech tourney scene may do more for it than they planned. AGD doesnt have the funding for promotion. If they did im sure more people would be interested.
They could get the funding, problem is they don't have the engineering. Right now they're selling old stock and doing limited runs, no R&D, that was all Tom and a few others than moved on. AGD can't do it on their own, that's a given.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Old 01-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Posting more than playing

So glad to see this. I've been head over heels for the GMEK, but the more mechanical out there the better.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I’m torn: if this comes out as an upgrade for the RSX, I’m totally in. If I have to buy a whole new XLS for it I may go for the GMEK instead citing efficiency and anno scheme (HDE earth; hnnghh) as well as lower cost as my justification. We did a run of team camo anno for our RSX’s and mine even has my jersey number as the serial number so I’m not interested in a second, nearly identical marker and I know I won’t be able to get enough on board for a second run of guns.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
Whoa wait a moment, it says I posted that photo...lol I do not remember doing this. Maybe there was a mix up, or I was intoxicated?
I just clicked the quote button and copy n paste it over here, lets blame PBN on this
Cleaned it up some for ya too, maybe a mod on PBN added it in accidentally instead of the first post? Who knows.

Last edited by paintzapper; 01-29-2018 at 12:25 PM.
paintzapper is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News