mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

After a 2nd look at this thing and seeing the vid a magfed (factory) conversion would be super simple.The design lends itself to a potential spoolie pistol setup like PistolRouges SP1 coversion too
Good to see companies seem to be thinking outside the box and finally paying attention to what modders have been doing for awhile now
Will I buy one?Probably not.Ive already got a bottomlined regged spoolie mech I made myself years ago
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

It doesn't make sense that a pneu trigger automag would not be mech tourney allowed and a gtek or other pure pnue trigger would be.

These spoolies have better potential for hyper short trigger pulls. We shouldn't go too far ourlt of our way to.keep traditional slow autocockers competitive should we?

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
That could be - I was pretty sure they also covered pneumags which, to me, are much different that the Gmek setup.

EDIT: Found the wording on the AGD Facebook page:

"Shall not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position without the use of tools (“reactive trigger”, “pneumatic trigger assists”).

So no, looks like they're not allowed.
I found the thread I was thinking about - Nxl mechanical division 2017. Granted it's nearly a year old, and so could be massively out of date.

The way I, and it seems many others, read...
"Shall not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position without the use of tools (“reactive trigger”, “pneumatic trigger assists”).
is that it doesn't ban pneumatic triggers, but triggers that use a pneumatic assist to reset the trigger. For example "response triggers" (Tippmann), "reactive triggers" (AGD), "reflex triggers" (BPS), and similar. So a Tippmann with a response trigger would not be ok, but a normal Tippmann would be. An AutoMag RT wouldn't be allowed, but a non-RTing AutoMag would be. Now I know neither of those examples are pneumatic triggers, but they are examples of “pneumatic trigger assists”. The point being assist seems to be the keyword.

GoG eNMEy are legal, which are pneumatic triggers. Again though, the thread I'm basing this on is nearly a year old, so there may be some clarifications on the rules that I'm unaware of since I haven't been following this closely.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
I found the thread I was thinking about - Nxl mechanical division 2017. Granted it's nearly a year old, and so could be massively out of date.

The way I, and it seems many others, read...
is that it doesn't ban pneumatic triggers, but triggers that use a pneumatic assist to reset the trigger. For example "response triggers" (Tippmann), "reactive triggers" (AGD), "reflex triggers" (BPS), and similar. So a Tippmann with a response trigger would not be ok, but a normal Tippmann would be. An AutoMag RT wouldn't be allowed, but a non-RTing AutoMag would be. Now I know neither of those examples are pneumatic triggers, but they are examples of “pneumatic trigger assists”. The point being assist seems to be the keyword.

GoG eNMEy are legal, which are pneumatic triggers. Again though, the thread I'm basing this on is nearly a year old, so there may be some clarifications on the rules that I'm unaware of since I haven't been following this closely.
that is right. they basically had to draw the line somewhere and it that is where it was from the start. now i could see pneumags being allowed in the future but we shall see.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

There is really no argument that can be used to rationally disallow a pneu mag while allowing all of these spooks. If anything it is in an inferior configuration for sick trigger pulls.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
What are they supposed to do? Make more pretty body kits no one can afford? They already make a great mech gun. Short of releasing a factory pneumatic trigger setup, which wouldn't be allowed in a tourney, they have no other venue to explore.
Easy. Market a modernized tournament ready 'mag.

Aluminum classic valve maybe redesign the on/off similar to the RT on/off for lighter trigger pull.
ULE body
Clamping feedneck
LVL10
Air through grip, with the valve inlet hole relocated straight down like someone else mentioned.
A new rail that incorporates the air through design and kicks the foregrip out an inch or two for better ergonomics.
Efficiency insert?
Etc...

Last edited by uglyduckling; 01-29-2018 at 04:47 PM.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
There are many possibilities.

1) plug the current air in hole in the valve, create a spacer that goes in between the valve chamber and the regulator half that allows air to get into the valve from a below point like a modern day spool gun.

2) this would allow hose less no macro line designs, and would allow all valves on the market to still be used.

3) using GRN create a a clam shell vert feed, super light, macro less, bad *** space gun body to slap the old new modded valve in. Then create a clam shell tactical mag fed swat team body to slap the old new modded valve in.

4) sell drop in modular trigger sets, ULE, RT, Phenu ect. For them.

5) Proffit and smile as a new generation of maggots rises out of the ancient mud

There is a TON of life left in the automag, just got a try to see outside of 1996.

Despite all these new mech guns hitting the market none of them have any way to prevent ball chopping except the automag.
air thru bottom valve...agd did that in '96. it was called the automag rt. as usual, agd way ahead of their time. the other stuff...it doesn't work as easy as you would like it. there is no adapter you could make to retrofit an existing valve to have a bottom air port. it would have to be designed, like the automag rt valve, from the ground up to have that feature.

as for the drop-in pnuematics; luke already has that. it's called the t-rex.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
It doesn't make sense that a pneu trigger automag would not be mech tourney allowed and a gtek or other pure pnue trigger would be.

These spoolies have better potential for hyper short trigger pulls. We shouldn't go too far ourlt of our way to.keep traditional slow autocockers competitive should we?
A big 'ol amen to that.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +56/-0
eBay +487/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
TFGPB

The pneumatic trigger aspect that people seem to be missing is that it can not assist in the reset of the trigger. Pneumatic triggers, in general, are fine. What is not allowed are triggers where after a certain point air helps push the trigger forward against the trigger finger. Pneumag conversions using an MSV2 should not have an issue here, some of the purpose built pneu-trigger kits do apply an air assisted reset and would not be allowed. A cocker modified to use an MSV2 to actuate things should be fine, something modified like a Reflex kit to help force a trigger reset would not be.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Daddy

Oh my. Take my money!

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 12/26/18
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News