mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

Is anyone aware of why they chose to sell the property? I heard some rumblings regarding a railway company that was interested in the land, but I wasn't sure if that was just hogwash rumors.

~ THOMAS MERTON
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

They are going to build a bridge across the property.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Sad news. I don't live anywhere near CPX, but have been well aware of their awesome fields for a long time.

Some more info: https://youtu.be/WyOjqIIctBY?t=2m40s

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

With I-80 northwest of the Union Pacific Hub, I can see why it went the way it did. Building a bridge to link the two makes sense. Sucks for paintballers but make fiscal sense.

My Feedback
ssslither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Considering today's paintball market, there's no way something like this is going to be built again nearby, is there?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Considering today's paintball market, there's no way something like this is going to be built again nearby, is there?
not if they need it to pay for itself in a reasonable time frame.
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

Played there maybe a half dozen times?

Shatnerball 1, a few informal pump games, I think we hitched a ride with Damage Inc a couple times. And then LLX last year.

The concept fields were great when opened, but haven't aged all that well. With the weather and how many truck loads of paint being shot in them, this shouldn't be surprising. Armageddon was hazardous the day it opened, let alone with 15+ years of additional rust.

All in all, I think the improvements to the facility between when I first played (Shatner 1) and LLX last year were solid. Very easy to stage, get on and off the field, etc.

I think I like EMR better, but only played there 3-4 times maybe, back in the day (Shatner 2, Pump Pandemonium, Pump Castle Defense...).

Hell Survivors is my home field, though I haven't played there in quite some time. (I was basically out of the sport most of the last 10 years). Its changed, too, but they know how to run big games. I'd highly recommend coming out for LLXI.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

had my first game their and had 2 lifetime memberships their, went to living legends 6-10 their so i have great memories. Sad to see it go but i know it will be remembered, and hey i doubt all the land will be taken up by the bridge so i might go and play in what woods are left after its built for one last time.
MrKittyCatMeowFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Legacy Paintball and Airsoft Park

CPX is apparently working with them and they're promoting them on their facebook. It sounds like a lot of materials will be given to them, from the CPX field.

Word has it that they'll open in late April of this year.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Is anyone aware of why they chose to sell the property? I heard some rumblings regarding a railway company that was interested in the land, but I wasn't sure if that was just hogwash rumors.

From what I have heard the city wanted the land for the bridge, which would have taken the woods for sure, but they wanted to also develop the land as it will be a direct access location now with the bridge installed. So... developers wanted the land badly.

Cpx didn't want to sell so they gave them a crazy high price for the land... Thinking no way would they pay that.

And the developers bought it at that price!

Cha ching.

I also know that some iconic pieces of the field will show up other places! Which is pretty cool!

Here is a video I just finished from LLX where I played magfed all weekend with only 1 case of paint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VUfCHIMMJw

Last edited by FreeEnterprise; 03-06-2018 at 06:57 PM.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News