mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #31 (permalink)

Cpx didn't want to sell so they gave them a crazy high price for the land... Thinking no way would they pay that.

And the developers bought it at that price!
i hope that's true, and not that the government screwed them over.

feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2897921
Biscuits798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Hell survivors already sent a semi with a flatbed trailer to haul some items from the field.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJ View Post
Hell survivors already sent a semi with a flatbed trailer to haul some items from the field.
Thats a shame that it went to a field that could easily obtain them normally. Wouldve been better to see smaller fields get some help
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
Thats a shame that it went to a field that could easily obtain them normally. Wouldve been better to see smaller fields get some help
CPX wants to prepare it up for Living Legends, the main thing they grabbed were picnic tables. Turnout will likely be quite a bit larger then what HSI normally handles.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
CPX wants to prepare it up for Living Legends, the main thing they grabbed were picnic tables. Turnout will likely be quite a bit larger then what HSI normally handles.
That's a whole other topic I wont dive into, but what I will say, is that I very much hope that this is the ONLY year that HSI hosts this event. I have not seen much from them that makes me feel like this year will be half as good as it was at CPX
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Yea, I predict that LL this year is going to be a disaster. I hope it isn't, but i have a bad feeling about it.

Last edited by martix_agent; 03-03-2018 at 10:55 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #37 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Yea, I predict that LL this year is going to be a disaster. I hope it isn't, but i have a bad feeling about it.
i unfortunately am busy that weekend, but you're not alone in that prediction.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
The other events have been successful and they'll likely get a majority of the MW teams to still make the trip, despite the extra 4+ hour drive. That difference might well be offset by PA, NY, OH, WV, and KY teams that normally wouldnt drive to Chicago (but having Endless legends in PA in Sept. might not make that a reality).

The unfortunate reality is there aren't many fields 1. large enough in the area and 2. near a transit hub for easy hotel/travel

Quote:
Legacy up the road in Lockport is getting some stuff from CPX as well.
Wico90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

I think I've only been to 1 or 2 big games at HSI since the field contracted (RIP MASTERS FIELD).

I don't understand the comments about numbers of players on the field... I've played there for Monster Games with thousands on the field before. Heck my first game there, ever, was a 24 hour Wayne Dollack scenario.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #40 (permalink)
Ballin Since 2001

Tubba is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News