mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #391 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Has a potential price point been put out on this thing? And is seems like we are looking at a kit, not a new gun. Is that safe to assume? There's just so many pages to go through.

And just a Magfed question. I don't necessarily want a mag fed marker, to get in some games. But I do enjoy the idea of using limited paint and having to be selective with shots. How do Magfed games and players feel about a pump player playing stock class with them, or allowing a semi player to use a 10-15 round stick feed instead of a hopper?

United States Army Field Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Mandalorian.Actual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #392 (permalink)
Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
Has a potential price point been put out on this thing? And is seems like we are looking at a kit, not a new gun. Is that safe to assume? There's just so many pages to go through.

And just a Magfed question. I don't necessarily want a mag fed marker, to get in some games. But I do enjoy the idea of using limited paint and having to be selective with shots. How do Magfed games and players feel about a pump player playing stock class with them, or allowing a semi player to use a 10-15 round stick feed instead of a hopper?
Sounds like mid $300 range based on comments. It's a completely new gun, not a kit for the EMEK.

Some magfed guys are more uptight than others. Personally I think it fits well within the spirit of the game to include stock class and stick feed, but some magfed guys are "purists" that really want that milsim look for everyone.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #393 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Most magfed players I played with don't care what you use as long as you are limited paint. Some like it to just be magfed and arent strict on the milsim look. A few just want to LARP it and want the immersion.

In short, it depends on the group.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #394 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Sounds like mid $300 range based on comments. It's a completely new gun, not a kit for the EMEK.

Some magfed guys are more uptight than others. Personally I think it fits well within the spirit of the game to include stock class and stick feed, but some magfed guys are "purists" that really want that milsim look for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
Most magfed players I played with don't care what you use as long as you are limited paint. Some like it to just be magfed and arent strict on the milsim look. A few just want to LARP it and want the immersion.

In short, it depends on the group.

Ahh ok, I gotcha. Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate it. And if it is a new gun, that's great too. May get into meg fed soon. It's just that being in the Army, the whole tacti-cool scene in both paintball and the gun world is just ridiculously unappealing to me. lol

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Old 02-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #395 (permalink)
giant robot

There's also the difference between "it must be a replica of an actual firearm" vs "it just needs to look plausibly military-ish" - the latter seems more common.

Which is good, because I like my scifi ish stuff.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #396 (permalink)
MCB Member

existential question about magfed

define milsim

Some light reading for you in case you're feeling bored.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 PM   #397 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbenign View Post
existential question about magfed

define milsim

Some light reading for you in case you're feeling bored.
Thank you! The first link won't work unless you hit "quote" and then copy and paste the link.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #398 (permalink)
MCB Member

Must messed up the link. If you search the title on this forum you should be able to find them.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #399 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

It worked, it just required extra steps to get there. No worries. =)

Old 02-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #400 (permalink)
Paroxysm

I love how it works. End of for me.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News