mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #411 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Jack Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

Good effort. Not far off.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #412 (permalink)
Paroxysm
 
Scougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DELCO, P.A.

I don't have calipers to accurately measure, but I am taking a guess about the EMEK being exceptionally close to 95% of the dimensions. Measuring an eMC kit would probably give you a good insight as well.
__________________
Scougar Feedback
MG100 | FS T15 | FS FSC | Kingman Eraser
Scougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #413 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Jack Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

The only differences are:

Fin on the bottom
Inlet in the bottom
No pockets for eyes

I think all other dimensions are pretty much the same.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #414 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
I don't have calipers to accurately measure, but I am taking a guess about the EMEK being exceptionally close to 95% of the dimensions. Measuring an eMC kit would probably give you a good insight as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
The only differences are:

Fin on the bottom
Inlet in the bottom
No pockets for eyes

I think all other dimensions are pretty much the same.
Thanks for the info. Makes sense not to change it if its not broke. I figured for body design the differences dont really matter too much except for how to plug the top feed hole and clearance for bottom features so body can slide through the sleeve.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #415 (permalink)
giant robot
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Zealand

I'm wondering how easy/hard it would be to print a bullpup shell. Only problem with that is how much I hate remote air, but there might be a way. Here's a (very) old doodle of mine - dunno if it would fit anyway. Air and trigger setup routing might be interesting.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps1147132a.jpg

I need to get some version of this into onshape.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #416 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
I'm wondering how easy/hard it would be to print a bullpup shell. Only problem with that is how much I hate remote air, but there might be a way. Here's a (very) old doodle of mine - dunno if it would fit anyway. Air and trigger setup routing might be interesting.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps1147132a.jpg

I need to get some version of this into onshape.
Unrelated but I still want to shove a tpx in a body modeled after your pistol design.


Bullpup would be tricky I think. New frame for sure. Depending on the valve maybe you could add hose barbs and extend the airline to a new trigger position. ASA could be done with a normal reg vs gas grip but valve would have to be plugged or something.

You'd be pretty much a 80/90% redesign honestly. Lot of technical challenges, not insurmountable but still tricky.

Ion bullpups would be a good starting point RE: body can shoved into a new design.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #417 (permalink)
giant robot
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Zealand

This one? https://www.deviantart.com/vijil/art...cept-542620939

Needs major work, trigger is much too far back for one. But I still like the overall look.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #418 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
This one? https://www.deviantart.com/vijil/art...cept-542620939

Needs major work, trigger is much too far back for one. But I still like the overall look.
This one:


I did figure out a sleeved plug and am working in a sleeveless design I'm calling the "tank top" plug
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #419 (permalink)
giant robot
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Zealand

Oh that one, yeah. Inspired by target pistols.

One of my prettier drawings (if I say so myself) but the actual dimensions and trigger position etc. are wayyyyy off - unless you think of it as 50 cal and can find a tank that small.

I think the one I posted was an attempt at something more practical and easier to fit TPX guts in.

*ahem* back on topic. One of the best things about the way the MG100 is designed will be the fun that can be had with shells. I wont be surprised if it's one of the easier designs to fit inside an AR airsoft shell.

Last edited by vijil; 02-12-2019 at 10:26 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:12 PM   #420 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Jack (or anyone else who knows)

no PAL for the MG100 correct? Didn't look like it from the body pictures in this thread but figured I'd verify.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC