mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #101 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Neither the Gmek or Emek safety have caused me any issues.

But, PE listens to the customers, right or wrong, LOL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #102 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

The only thing I don’t like about the lever safety is that I can’t turn it on/off with only my grip hand without completely twisting my grip on the frame. I actually want to see if I can reverse it to put the lever on the right side where i could actually reach it with my index finger. Don’t know if it would work properly that way or not though.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #103 (permalink)
808 State

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
The only thing I don’t like about the lever safety is that I can’t turn it on/off with only my grip hand without completely twisting my grip on the frame. I actually want to see if I can reverse it to put the lever on the right side where i could actually reach it with my index finger. Don’t know if it would work properly that way or not though.

The perk of being a lefty
Old 12-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #104 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

I don't know why people complain about safeties. Use a barrel bag, and the safety becomes superfluous. Leave it off at all times, or rip it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #105 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I don't know why people complain about safeties. Use a barrel bag, and the safety becomes superfluous. Leave it off at all times, or rip it out.
It's for the schmucks who like to pick your gear up and rip on the trigger when they're looking with their hands instead of their eyes.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:24 PM   #106 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Eh, people forget their barrel covers all the time. I see it multiple times every time I play & it's not for the staff not trying to drill it into their heads. It does happen. The safety on the marker still exists for a reason. I know people who forget the barrel bad but never forget the one on the marker. In my area that one sticks in their heads better than the barrel cover.

I don't feel right not having a safety in a marker. Even my pumps. But I grew up with firearms so I'm really safety conscious and OCD about those things.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:00 AM   #107 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

I picked the gun up for night time play and rain, which we ended up playing in. The safety isn't an issue for me if it was just for me. I just leave it off for myself and my son. I do however loan out gear to kids and I prefer having a safety for when the birthday party booger eaters are using my stuff. Anyway from the use that it received on this weekend we ran probably several hundred rounds through it. I did not use the stock barrel, but experienced no barrel or breech breaks. I only got to shoot it during the final battle and put about 650 rounds through it. During those 650 rounds I had to shake it a couple of times for each hopper's worth of paint I used. This was NOT from overfilling it. I need to get some time at home to double check the alignment of the hopper because I feel that something just wasn't right. I definitely want to do some work on the trigger. Overall still glad I purchased it, just have to get some time to really test it out. It also chronoed perfect right out of the box.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #108 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just to clarify, this is NOT an electronic loader. It is still gravity feed, but with some added agitation. It is NOT infallible and, without a ball in the breech, firing the gun will NOT activate the plunger and hence the agitation plate in the loader. Jams are still possible, but the number you should experience are substantially less than what you would get with a purely gravity feed marker.

If you want guaranteed flawless feed every single shot, a true force-feed, battery driven, motorized loader is still the only solution.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #109 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

Jack, how much rotation out of alignment can the hopper be and still allow the plungers to mate up?

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #110 (permalink)
MCB Member

The back of the feedtube has a little indexing nub so that as you push the loader down you can feel it locate. This helps you align the parts. Got to 23:35 in the video on the previous page to see how it works.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News