mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-03-2018, 02:32 PM   #111 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

Just to be clear, I'm not expecting the loader to be as fast as an electro. I just feel that it is capable of feeding faster than it was. I bought this gun at the game and literally chronoed it, and started using it immediately. I think there may be something that I have not aligned properly even though I think it was aligned it may have been off just enough. Hopefully this week I will have a chance to give it a good going over and rule out human error. I like the marker and will probably be getting a second one.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #112 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
The back of the feedtube has a little indexing nub so that as you push the loader down you can feel it locate. This helps you align the parts. Got to 23:35 in the video on the previous page to see how it works.
Thanks, I hadn't gotten that far into the video yet.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #113 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gunz View Post
I like the marker and will probably be getting a second one.
Having the CAD models available has already opened a lot of project doors too.

I've been wondering what's better for GRN, paint or hydrographics? It's great to have such a marker at an easy price, but being customizable adds a lot of entertainment value. I can see having more than one due to ,,um, personal variations, if not the different factory versions.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #114 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I've been wondering what's better for GRN, paint or hydrographics?
Durability has more to do with prep, priming, and finish coat than the color that goes between.
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #115 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gunz View Post
Just to be clear, I'm not expecting the loader to be as fast as an electro. I just feel that it is capable of feeding faster than it was. I bought this gun at the game and literally chronoed it, and started using it immediately. I think there may be something that I have not aligned properly even though I think it was aligned it may have been off just enough. Hopefully this week I will have a chance to give it a good going over and rule out human error. I like the marker and will probably be getting a second one.
A friend of mine showed up Sat and bought one from Paul and we hooked it up and shot it before the game started. He couldn't play because he had to be at work, so we got to tinker with it a little, shooting two year old marbs it shot pretty well, but ours too skipped a few shots and broke a couple balls (barrel, but its two yr old paint too). For the price vs the performance I feel its worth it to me. Can't wait to get mine. Trigger was so much easier to fire faster then my Gmek or my Ressi.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:11 AM   #116 (permalink)
Tubular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meleager7 View Post
Agreed, i also want the low cap version for a super light, limited paint setup.

Hey, does it look like these pals will accept the exalt universal speed feeds?
Got mine in, both the Low-cap PAL & compatible Emek. Stuck a GXG universal speed feed on it. The PAL mouth is larger than normal, so the speed feed ring collar needs a longer screw. It also stretches the rubber between the fingers but probably won't alter functionality much. I'll take a pic tomorrow. Hell, might even make a shooting video.

The lid itself needs a break-in period, it's difficult to snap it down. The accordian lid hinge is funky. I'd prefer a traditional spring lid, although I don't intend to refill during a game. Talking serious limited paint play... saying that out loud, probably gonna get a hi-cap version as well :|
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #117 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

I actually like the lid. Seems pretty durable.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #118 (permalink)
MCB Member

Priority for the lid was durability for fields, and not popping open on it's own or when the marker is turned upside down.

Easy way to close the lid is to place your finger just below the E logo on the lid, NOT on the flap you use to open the lid. I usually squeeze the lid onto the loader between thumb and forefinger between lid and bottom of the loader, rather than just trying to push it down from the top.

Also, you can adjust how hard it is to close it by using a craft blade on the little tab inside the back of the lid. You can trim a bit of length off the tab to make it easier to close and open if you want.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #119 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
The accordian lid hinge is funky.
It is, but I like the idea. Even flexible lids pull on hinge pins and fatigue the plastics somewhere. Straps work, but they are floppy. This accordion hinge looks like a good, simple answer for a snap lid. The speed feed would be a nice option. I often threaten my cracked loader lids with replacement, but I like lids a little more.

I'm pretty sure there is a low-cap loader in the house waiting for me to get the Christmas tree up.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #120 (permalink)
Tubular!

I wanted to make a shooting video today, but the PAL-compatible emek I got isn't working correctly. The plunger in the feedneck doesn't move

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News