mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-12-2019, 11:55 PM   #71 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicleaf View Post
I don't see the point in making a mechanical gamma core gun that doesn't have PAL support. Even if you wanted to throw a Rotor on there for a tourney situation, PAL doesn't prevent you from using other hoppers, so why not?
I think it's more that almost all buyers in this price range are going to be using an electronic hopper.
Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
How do I turn this on?

If I could get a reasonable price on a 170r plus mech frame I would probably be all over this. Going right up against shocker is a great move imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #73 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
I picked up a new gtek and emek frame this year for almost $200 less than the M170R. I'm not seeing what makes this worth that much more.
Nectaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM   #74 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I hear you. When compared to the CVO, the price makes sense. However, PE made the Emek almost too good, so the M170r is also competing against a composite version of itself at 1/3 the price. I expect the M170r will be selling well on the used market though.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #75 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I hear you. When compared to the CVO, the price makes sense. However, PE made the Emek almost too good, so the M170r is also competing against a composite version of itself at 1/3 the price. I expect the M170r will be selling well on the used market though.
For one thing, "some people" like anodized aluminum that much. If there is going to be competitive mech divisions, I can easily see those guys with powered hoppers and fancier looking guns.

I wouldn't expect Jack to give away marketing strategy, but when PE has put their testing efforts and production into making gamma cores, it doesn't seem like a big deal to offer this or that version of the same machine. The big deal with the MG100 is reliable magazine feed and real focus on FSR handling. Everything else PE had in hand to start with. The M170R is a remix of PE capabilities; I doubt it needs a large market to come out with a comparable profit.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to ECAPNation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nectaris View Post
I picked up a new gtek and emek frame this year for almost $200 less than the M170R. I'm not seeing what makes this worth that much more.
Because that option in no longer available and out of production...... exception being the emek
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
ECAPNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #77 (permalink)
MCB Member

Planet Eclipse releasing mechanical Gtek M170r

Considering that CCM, Inception, etc. sell out of newer, flashier versions of cockers/snipers while you can buy a perfectly good WGP for 1/4 the price, I have no doubts that this will sell just fine.

I think Iím actually less convinced that the 170R is competing with the emek so much as itís competing with the CVO and higher priced cockers. Even while acknowledging that the Emek is a much better value for the same performance. We tend to spend what we want to spend in paintball
wunderbarsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #78 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbarsafari View Post
I think Iím actually less convinced that the 170R is competing with the emek so much as itís competing with the CVO and higher priced cockers. Even while acknowledging that the Emek is a much better value for the same performance. We tend to spend what we want to spend in paintball
Exactly. It's like saying: why bother with any other car, if we can just all drive Toyota corollas? It's reliable and gets us from A to B just fine. We buy what the heart wants, and some times it wants slightly more expensive things. =)
Old 06-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #79 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

I've held the demo M170r. The trigger is NICE. Feels really solid. It would easily out shoot a PAL. I can easily out shoot a PAL on the stock Emek trigger.

This is to compete with the CVO and priced accordingly. This is not the Emek trigger shoved in a 170r, it's nicer. Is it nicer to have the M170r rather than 2 Emeks and some $$ leftover? meh that's up to each individual.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #80 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

[QUOTE=JOESPUD27;3592528]This is to compete with the CVO and priced accordingly. This is not the Emek trigger shoved in a 170r, it's nicer. /QUOTE]

Not to mention POPs come standard, a much better barrel, better packaging, and of course the full metal construction. All of that adds up to a substantially more expensive gun to produce, not to mention the retail markup for the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News