mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 06-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Valken v-tac Zulu rerelease

Looks like Valken has revamped their Zulu line of pants.

Pants - Valken ZULU PRO
Old 06-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd

Those actually look pretty nice. If the knee pads are legit, I could see snagging a pair.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

WTB Cooper T PGP bolt! PM me if you're selling one!
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I actually still have my original Zulus in the closet...never seen a game. I got them, they were a bit tight...then I gained weight.

Dieting now and soon I will fit in them...hopefully before too long.

I just wish these revamped Zulu pants were available in Coyote brown!

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
I’ve got a pair of the black on the way. I’ll run em next Saturday and post a review.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sweet man put them through the paces, depending on your thoughts I may get some

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
JKR

Scenario paintball/woodsball is lacking in its options for actual paintball pants. There have been options before but not many and some don't seem to last long. BDUs are great but nothing beats a stretchy crotch in a dedicated paintball pant.

Instead of focusing on camo all the time, I wish the pants that do come out would be offered in a nice earth tone. Solid OD green or coyote brown would be at the top of my list. Black is OK, but it does tend to stick out in the woods.

I hope they expand the new Zulu line to offer either OD green or coyote...will be snatching a pair up quickly!

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 06-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Chad Thompson

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
Scenario paintball/woodsball is lacking in its options for actual paintball pants. There have been options before but not many and some don't seem to last long. BDUs are great but nothing beats a stretchy crotch in a dedicated paintball pant.

Instead of focusing on camo all the time, I wish the pants that do come out would be offered in a nice earth tone. Solid OD green or coyote brown would be at the top of my list. Black is OK, but it does tend to stick out in the woods.

I hope they expand the new Zulu line to offer either OD green or coyote...will be snatching a pair up quickly!
I've been hoarding the 2011 BT Combat pants. Best woodsball paintball pants in my opinion. Seems like most the market dried up around 2013-2014 as far good camo pants go. Maybe this will set a new trend and we'll see some more manufacturers bring some back to the market.

I'm anxious to hear how these hold up - the last set of Zulu's were notorious for tearing after a use or two. I really like the darker camo ones.
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraus View Post
I've been hoarding the 2011 BT Combat pants. Best woodsball paintball pants in my opinion. Seems like most the market dried up around 2013-2014 as far good camo pants go. Maybe this will set a new trend and we'll see some more manufacturers bring some back to the market.

I'm anxious to hear how these hold up - the last set of Zulu's were notorious for tearing after a use or two. I really like the darker camo ones.
Hmmm...never heard this about the first Zulu pants not holding up. I know I used to see them around but never really asked anyone about them...then they disappeared when Valken dropped them. Discouraging since I have a completely unused pair I am about to put into service.

Lets hope they figured it out this time around. On paper, the Zulu pants have always been awesome...at least from a features standpoint. That does one little good, however, if they fall apart after a few uses.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 06-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
Sweet man put them through the paces, depending on your thoughts I may get some
Iíll run them hard for sure. Havenít heard of the previous zuluís wearing out quickly. Not Zulu, but Iíve got a pair of red skull Valken crusades that have held up wonderfully. I forget the year, 2010ís maybe. Iíve definitely run them hard, and thereís no tears, holes or split seams. I wash cold and air dry, so maybe that contributes to their longevity. Either way, Iím excited to give these new Zuluís a shot.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchicArctic View Post
Iíll run them hard for sure. Havenít heard of the previous zuluís wearing out quickly. Not Zulu, but Iíve got a pair of red skull Valken crusades that have held up wonderfully. I forget the year, 2010ís maybe. Iíve definitely run them hard, and thereís no tears, holes or split seams. I wash cold and air dry, so maybe that contributes to their longevity. Either way, Iím excited to give these new Zuluís a shot.
I always hang my paintball jersey/shirts, pants and gloves to dry...even my BDUs. Drying is hard on clothing and hanging to dry does add significant life to items.

I think I am going to get a pair of the new Zulus also...

If so, I will post my thoughts as well.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News