mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-15-2020, 01:26 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Truck drivers have a higher mortality rate than police officers. I realize it's an unpopular opinion but I rather agree with arturo, particularly when the alternative is to curtail my freedom just to keep Officer Paranoid off his hair trigger.

Nah, that opinion is very mainstream in 2020.

Last edited by poisonpill; 03-15-2020 at 01:32 AM.
poisonpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonpill View Post
In short: yes, it happens frequently.
-One of the first issues of APG magazine, if not the first issue, had a note in there about some kids playing Lazer Tag one night on a school playground.

Somebody saw them and reported, of course, a "man with a gun". The police responded, and because the kids were hiding- as part of the game- one of them jumped out when a cop walked by.

Cop had a split second of a figure pointing a gun at him, and shot and killed the kid with a close-range 12-gauge to the chest.

This happened in 1986, as I recall.

I saw two of my buddies get the police called on them, because some lady driving by saw them carrying a bright purple Sterling pump from the hobby store where one of them had just bought it, to their car.

And it wasn't a "shadowy shape at night" kind of thing- it was bright daylight, and the gun was shiny purple.

I personally had the police called on us when a buddy and I, who lived in an apartment at the time, drove up the street to some vacant property to test and chrony a couple markers. (Since we couldn't even dry fire them in the apartment.)

We weren't there five minutes when a cop rolled up, responding to a "shots fired" call.

I don't evny a cop at all for having to deal with fake vs. real guns. And I do what I can to make sure mine are covered/cased/hidden any time I might be seen by the public with them, as I go to and from the field.

But, that said, a blanket ban is not the solution.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweightnate View Post
I don't think this is a helpful comment.

To the LEOs here, what would be a helpful way to reduce the risk to you of a real gun with an orange blaze on it, while reducing the risk that someone playing with a replica is shot?
I've seen glocks that have orange tips on it....Spray paint is easy to get a hold of
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News