mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-02-2020, 02:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Never Productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicleaf View Post
Lighter and more shots? Um, yes please. I'm surprised more pump guys aren't excited about this.
I think the price isn't helping. They do look awesome though.

The Clams down in Clamville
All scootered and skittled-
"The three is no more"
The Clam fiddler fiddled.
Clam-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam-I-Am View Post
I think the price isn't helping. They do look awesome though.
exactly, price and i have to deal with hydro testing where as with a 13 or 17 I do not.
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Im excited to get one. I have always wanted a bottle like this. Stinks its over $200 and the hydro thing, but I Preordered one threw my local Pro shop. (I like to shop local)
Old 02-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

I really don't understand the big deal about having to hydro every five years. It costs way less then a case of paint once every 5 years for a 50% increase in pressure capability and by extension shots per fill for a given volume. Now a $200 price tag is a little hard to swallow for the small capacity,. I'd love to have one for my LAPCO project but I already have 17cuin 3k bottles that work and it is a pump so might not be worth it. If I end up getting into mag fed or want to lighten up my Minimag project this might be the ticket.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Zombie Bait

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
I really don't understand the big deal about having to hydro every five years. It costs way less then a case of paint once every 5 years for a 50% increase in pressure capability and by extension shots per fill for a given volume. Now a $200 price tag is a little hard to swallow for the small capacity,. I'd love to have one for my LAPCO project but I already have 17cuin 3k bottles that work and it is a pump so might not be worth it. If I end up getting into mag fed or want to lighten up my Minimag project this might be the ticket.
You're totally right, hydroing really isn't that big of a deal, but its just one more thing to have to do and spend time and money on down the line.

My .02: Wouldn't normally be enough to put me off but that initial cost to buy is too much for me to spend on a tank right now. I'm curious to hear more reviews over time and see who ends up adopting them into their setups. If I only had 1 gun, and it was a high range pump or magfed, then yeah, I don't think I'd hesitate to get this thing. Having almost an entirely low capacity fleet of PB gear and a personal distaste for remote lines I've always been shut out of the 4.5k tanks - so I'm VERY interested, but it feels like diminishing returns from my perspective right now.
VSS Vintorez Closed Bolt Mech Ion | Magfed AGD FrankenMag | M14 Mech Ion | First Strike Round Ammo Can | Feedback
Calavera357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
... and it is a pump so might not be worth it.
This is a good point - some people might not value the extra shot count for pump play. BUT... imagine using this with a PAL Emek using the 100 round hopper. Ultimate light weight recbal setup.

I would use it in that way, and maybe for an open class phantom setup.

atomicleaf
atomicleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member - Super Newbie

I'm definitely interested in one of these sans reg. I just seem to be cursed with these GA/Hero regs.
Tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarak View Post
I'm definitely interested in one of these sans reg. I just seem to be cursed with these GA/Hero regs.
First thing Iím pulling off the bottle is that reg. Putting a powerhouse extended for length.

Wish they sold it without the reg.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivlife View Post
exactly, price and i have to deal with hydro testing where as with a 13 or 17 I do not.
Wait- 22s aren't exempt?

As for this new bottle, that price is a hard thing to swallow. When I play mech or electro I use standard size hoppers and thus require larger bottles. Might be nice for hopper ball, but I haven't played plain hopper ball in about 3 years. I'd have no practical use for this bottle. But, like Calavera357 said, it appears to me to be a no-brainer for those who shoot exclusively magfed or pump.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:43 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
Wait- 22s aren't exempt?

As for this new bottle, that price is a hard thing to swallow. When I play mech or electro I use standard size hoppers and thus require larger bottles. Might be nice for hopper ball, but I haven't played plain hopper ball in about 3 years. I'd have no practical use for this bottle. But, like Calavera357 said, it appears to me to be a no-brainer for those who shoot exclusively magfed or pump.
22s are exempt as well, i just forgot about them.
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News