mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 10-09-2019, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Beginner Youtubes camera

Hey guys I want to start getting into making some youtube videos. What's good out there for a guy on a $200-$300 budget to shoot in 1080? Also does anybody have recommendations for entry level video editing software? Preferably need a camera that can use an accessory external mic or works with something other than a crappy built-in microphone.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Premiere Elements is what I'd suggest. There's cheaper/free options but if you decided to step up to full fledged Premiere you'll already be familiar with how it all works. The ability for all the Adobe apps to tie together is also really handy if you start doing graphic overlays or any VFX stuff.

Camera-wise...depends on what you wanna do?
Old 10-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm pretty much trying to just do non-action type stuff. My goal is to do well-produced Forgotten Weapons style breakdowns and shooting of vintage/old markers. So essentially it's all stuff done probably with a DSLR on a tripod.

The Canon EOS Rebel SL2 looks pretty good for this. Anybody have thoughts on that one or any other options?
Old 10-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

You could definitely use a T3i, they are still extremely capable lower cost cameras.

There are a few Youtube filmmakers that use them to this day.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

for the budget you want your going to have to look at go pro. since most great video camera are over 1,500 for camera with no lenses. and you will want mirrorless camera too. best on market for film camera. and for nikon you have choice Z50 or Z6 Z50 cheapest at $900 Z6 close to 2k with no memory card and card reader. Z50 you have top line SD card to use and not sure on battery life. since just coming out. so have to wait to see what specs are for it.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
You could definitely use a T3i, they are still extremely capable lower cost cameras.

There are a few Youtube filmmakers that use them to this day.
Good call on the T3i, I'm checking those out and they have great specs for the money still. Only downside is they only do 30fps in video but Youtube doesn't stream higher frames rates in 1080 than that.

Yeah, not sure about using a GoPro. I mean I have a Hero 4 and it's fine and all but the lens has a terrible fisheye effect and even with the image cropping it has awful resolution for anything except actual action footage. I'm going to stick to DSLR mirrored cameras for now. Mirrorless seems cool but the prices are still way up there for that option and it doesn't seem to gain you anything in terms of video.

Does mirrorless have an advantage for video or is it pretty much the same as DSLR?
Old 10-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

yes it does

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography