mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/119564-red-dead-redemption.html)

ASKA 06-16-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party (Post 1354475)
Dude.
Way to just ruin the effort we went through with the spoilers.

I know, The spoilers ruined it for me too, but then I found out I was only a couple missions away from reaching it, it all crumbled away.

KoolKat 06-16-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASKA (Post 1354491)
I know, The spoilers ruined it for me too, but then I found out I was only a couple missions away from reaching it, it all crumbled away.

:bang:What he's saying is some of us have not got that far into the story. Thanks for ruining it for me :bang:

Drachen 06-16-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASKA (Post 1354491)

I like your attitude "it was ruined for me so screw everyone else too...". It's too bad some douche ruined it for you, doesn't mean you need to be a douche and continue to ruin it for others. :bang:

ASKA 06-16-2010 01:41 PM

So everybody is getting on my case when another guy already posted it? A lot of people don't have the default white background on posts. I would assume everybody would bite down into the temptation of the spoiler as I did, because; It's just a video game.

Drachen 06-16-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tblazer13 (Post 1351145)
EDIT: spoilers removed for anyone else with dark theme

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASKA (Post 1354521)
So everybody is getting on my case when another guy already posted it? A lot of people don't have the default white background on posts. I would assume everybody would bite down into the temptation of the spoiler as I did, because; It's just a video game.

He also removed it once he realized his attempt at trying to hide the spoiler didn't work. You however, didn't try to hide it, and haven't removed it.

So yes, it's a little different story between you and him. But whatever, it clearly went straight over your head.

KoolKat 06-16-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

I still haven't read the spoilers people have posted in this thread. Presumably by Party's response and your post here your little tidbit was in there. The reason for spoilers is to let people decide if they want to know said information or not. You took away that option for me (again thanks for that) I truly appreciate you denying me the option to go "WOW" when it happens.

ASKA 06-16-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drachen (Post 1354531)
He also removed it once he realized his attempt at trying to hide the spoiler didn't work. You however, didn't try to hide it, and haven't removed it.

So yes, it's a little different story between you and him. But whatever, it clearly went straight over your head.

I removed it. But I find I very unlikely that when he had it up, you didn't read it.

Drachen 06-16-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASKA (Post 1354536)
I removed it. But I find I very unlikely that when he had it up, you didn't read it.

Fortunately I had already beaten the game, at least gotten past that part by then. Yes, it was still not right that he posted it, though by the responses of other people in the thread when he did have it up, you'd think that you would still get the same responses if you did the same thing.

I'm not personally irritated at you, since you didn't really spoil anything for me. Though a spoiler is a spoiler. And Gamefaqs is your friend when you're looking for spoilers.

Shawn_Savage 06-16-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

I would assume everybody would bite down into the temptation of the spoiler as I did, because; It's just a video game.

While it *is* just a game, I have spent about 20 hours involved in the story line so I did not find it at all tempting to read the spoilers. Especially because it sounds like I'm in for a crazy surprise and every mission I do adds more and more to the feeling that something is going to change soon.

That's why I posted my appreciation to those who at least attempted to hide it.

Shiba-Kun 06-16-2010 02:29 PM

So what do you actually get for skinning animals, picking flowers, etc.?:confused: Is it worth trying to up my survival skills?:confused:

Also is it possible to intervene in a crime without being considered a criminal too? For example I often see a dude trying to give the whores "another hole" with a knife and I try to stop the attack and hogtie them. Then the townsfolk run away from me and I get a bounty placed on my head.

I guess stabbing a lady of the evening wasn't a heinous enough act to arouse them, but my lassoing the dude was...:rolleyes::(