mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #2001 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Well, its been a great week in WOT for me.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #2002 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I'm a little more than 10k XP away from finally being done with the AT15. I didn't take the side path gun that's stock on the Tortouse, which apparently is really good. The first few you get with the AT15 are terrible, but the last normal one that's ~250 damage with a 6 second reload isn't bad. They were running an "On Track" op to help get to the Death Star faster and I worked that a lot but had to take a break once it was over.

Working on a few other lines too. My Sp. I C (tier 7 German light) has enough XP to get the Indian Panzer, but I'll likely keep playing it and try to get the 96k to get the RU tier 8 light as well. I can be a huge chore to play, but can also be really fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:06 AM   #2003 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Anyone else working on “Eye of the Tiger” in console? I’m at 163/200, mostly with my Hammer. I got a Tiger I a few days ago but the first gun isn’t nearly as good as the Hammer.
Quote:
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:28 AM   #2004 (permalink)

I think it would be more fun if they took the auto aim option out and made you range your shots.
mukebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:40 AM   #2005 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

They took the auto loader away from the SpPz I C. The tank is now zero fun to play.
Quote:
Old 12-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #2006 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
They took the auto loader away from the SpPz I C. The tank is now zero fun to play.
The lt rebalance pretty much ruined most of them. Especially the t6-7 ones that all lost their defining feature guns like the vk 28.01s derp gun, the 59-16s low pen autoloader and the wz-131ís 100mm. Then they managed to gimp the new tier 10 lights so bad that the tier 9 ones are better almost across the board.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #2007 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
The only benefit to me was my T49 is now tier IX.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #2008 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

One thing that I didn't bring up, that I actually really do like, is that lights are no longer matched as if they were a medium from a tier higher. My SpPz I C has been top tier only a few times, but it's a lot of fun flying around while lower tiers try to deal with 880 HP, but it would be even better with my autoloader.

On console they are doing an Xmas op and I'm currently working on getting 25k spotting damage. That's the 4th of 9 levels (reward for each level) and once I'm done with this I don't see me playing lights unless other ops need them.
Quote:
Old 12-31-2017, 02:23 AM   #2009 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I thought I was going to quit the reindeer ops a few times because they were pretty tedious and I got stuck making zero progress a few times. Well I kept coming back and am on the 75k damage one. It's probably the easiest one to finish as far as skillfully doing the task. 75k damage, simple enough. Soooooooo boring. KV2 is the obvious choice, but it's slow and makes it a chore. Playing a few rounds in my Motherland to break things up a little. Averaging over 1k per game in the KV2 and just had a 2.6k game in my Motherland. At 30k right now, getting there, but such a grind.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #2010 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

On console there is a new "Mercenary" tech tree. They aren't true premiums as they don't have any silver or XP bonus, but you can buy them with gold. However, you can also earn them through 8 stages of tasks. There are a handful right now with more coming. Each stage has to be done with a specific tank line, and so far it looks like I only have the right combination for one of them.

There is a time that you have to finish the contract as well. Looks like 13 days. I'm into the 4th round on the one I am working on. I got a round in on a different one just for kicks, and then switched over. If you do this you lose progress on the old contract. Not the end of the world, but something to know about for sure.

The first stages have very specific tasks, plus small XP requirements. The later stages don't have specific tasks, just XP requirements, but the XP number goes up every level. Round 8 is something like 80+k XP, but you tend to be able to use lots of different tanks.
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in