mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I play

Clan: Hitmen NWO
sn: tyler
Old 06-20-2014, 02:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Do you get enough loot in your raids? I'm th8 at 1887 trophies and pull in around 150k - 250k of each when I raid. When I drop into the 1500's the loot hauls are so small it's slow going.
all the loot is in gold 2 but you'll need at least lvl5 troops to get it
Old 06-20-2014, 03:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
I'm using lvl5 balloons and lvl1 minions and can't go back to the ground troops. Wall breakers are just a waste of elix to me.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Marathoner

I am at an almost maxed TH7. I usually raid between 850-1100 trophies.
I will not UG to TH8 until my walls are maxed since you get less loot at higher TH levels.
I focus on gold per hour instead of "epic raids".
Skiddish, I'll join your clan as soon as I am done with this clan war.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretweaponevan View Post
I will not UG to TH8 until my walls are maxed since you get less loot at higher TH levels.
This is true if you have lower than average trophies for the TH level. Otherwise I've been getting shots at bases with 300-400 plus of each resource.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Quote:
I'm using lvl5 balloons and lvl1 minions and can't go back to the ground troops. Wall breakers are just a waste of elix to me.
Do they still fair well vs higher level anti air? It seems like every time I try an air strike I get completely demolished even using 3 heal spells. I just got dragons a few days ago and it seems to work somewhat well to use them as air tanks but they attack so slow unless you drop a rage spell on them.

on a side note, holy crap we got demolished this last clan war, they 3 stared everyone aside from 3 people who they still got 2 stars from.

Also anyone who hasn't made it to TH7 yet, save all your gems to gem for the barbarian king, It would have took me forever to get him with only getting 50-60 dark elixr per raid and having no pumps. Had to spend the gems to get the 10k dark elixr to get him

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.

Last edited by JLuke; 06-20-2014 at 11:14 AM.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
This is true if you have lower than average trophies for the TH level. Otherwise I've been getting shots at bases with 300-400 plus of each resource.
Town Hall - Clash of Clans Wiki
Old 06-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddish9999 View Post
Kokori Castle my name is skiddish on there if anyone is looking for a clan. We may disband if we don't start getting some people.
Did you disband already? I can't find Kokori Castle.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Do they still fair well vs higher level anti air? It seems like every time I try an air strike I get completely demolished even using 3 heal spells. I just got dragons a few days ago and it seems to work somewhat well to use them as air tanks but they attack so slow unless you drop a rage spell on them.
I've been using them since level 3 and its a little tough to do. The anti air has such a long range and eats ballons for breakfast. Worse though is the wizard towers due to the splash damage. The key is to search for the right bases to attack. I tried to find those bases with AA on the outer ridges accessible by archer attack and use them to knock out the AA before sending the balloons. I also use dragons to tank for damage and then send the balloons after the AA is locked on the dragon. I usually try to spread the balloons out to avoid the splash damage but they always seem to group up once into the base so I drop a heal spell or two and then keep a lightning spell handy for the clan castle troops (hate those!).

Level 5 balloons are great and level 6 are what I covet right now. The health and DPS stats are exponentially higher with each upgrade. The high level AA is still a pain and I've been running into a lot of them at the level and trophy count I'm at which has been a challenge to get one star during my raids. My army costs 120-140k elix so I try to make sure I attack bases with enough to recoup my loses but it doesn't always work out. I'm less concerned with that but am climbing towards the crystal league right now.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Yea and on the CC thing, the AI when attacking CC trops drives me nuts, sometimes people have their clan castle near a ton of "things' on the edge of the map, when dropping archers or any troops to take them out the idiot archers always target the other stuff and completely ignore the troops, literally on my phone, tapping the screen 1/8 of an inch off may make the troop attack a builder hut instead of the clan castle troops and get smashed. I wish they'd fix the AI to target the castle troops a bit easier. I've had a castle full of wizzards knock out 15 of my giants once cause I forgot to draw them out, literally it was max level wizzards that killed them all in 3-4 seconds.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in