mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
No. It's just easier to get better gear.
I doubt it'll be easier in the long run. Most players are going to find it easier and less frustrating to stay out of the Dark Zones. Yeah, they are going to have some of the best gear, but they will likely do something to help the non pvp players have fairly competitive gear...

I really hope they don't alter the dark zones too much before the game drops in March. Frustrating yes, but I thought it was a nice change of base from the typical TDM/versus in every other shooter nowadays.
Current Collection: Azodin KP3 - GOG Enmey - AGD ULE Mag - Bob Long Defiant - Empire Axe - AM-P Illusion - Tippmann 68 Carbine - Tippmann SL 68 II - ICD Promaster - Tippmann 98 Custom (x2) - Smart Parts Ion (x2) - System X Type X
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Exactly my opinion. I preordered it and played the beta. It's a different game when you have a partner or two but solo you get wrecked by guys camping the extraction zones. You get a "you disavowed the Division" from attacking other players and then get a bounty on your head but no one cares. Aside from the guys looting your gear there were trolls-a-plenty that would just shoot you even if you had nothing. They need to fix that somehow as I was seriously thinking of cancelling my preorder. Maybe make you loose standing or rank or some other detriment to make you think hard about attacking another player.
Maybe this game isn't the game for you then. They are doing something different and new. The first company in a long time to not so the same cookie cutter boring versus. There is a penalty for going rogue, if you die. But you can see the trolls coming from a long ways out.

Plus, it was the beta. Nothing to lose. So what you lose some rank if you die. I have no doubt people will troll less when losing your rank actually means something.
Current Collection: Azodin KP3 - GOG Enmey - AGD ULE Mag - Bob Long Defiant - Empire Axe - AM-P Illusion - Tippmann 68 Carbine - Tippmann SL 68 II - ICD Promaster - Tippmann 98 Custom (x2) - Smart Parts Ion (x2) - System X Type X
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Interesting take.

I agree you could see the trolls coming. But 3 v 1 there is nothing you can do. It doesn't make sense story wise. We're all agents of the Division but someone just randomly decides to start fragging other agents with no real consequence? It'd be more realistic/cool if you joined a faction. Then I'd be on the lookout for NPC's and players in the dark zone. That'd be different and new.

In GTA you have the trolls and you can just go passive and avoid them. This game could benefit from something like that.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Anyone who's spent any time at all playing DayZ/WarZ, etc knows the struggle.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Anyone who's spent any time at all playing DayZ/WarZ, etc knows the struggle.

Correct. The only way to solve that is with a large team or clan.
stonewall50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
So let's gang up and smoke some fools!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
And a single well placed hacker could ruin even that on DayZ.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Just chilling

CCM Fan
Drachen, will you be getting this for XB1? I never played the beta and you guys are making it sound like groups may be required but the trailers and such look good to me
Old 02-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
The DZ hate is all over the beta feedback forums. It definitely added another level of stress and tension that I did enjoy, but the insta-deathmatch isn't what I'm looking for. I guess I want the tougher enemies - even against other players, but I just don't want it get TK'd all day. Make it some logical faction thing in character creation. You either join the Division or you join the rebel guys. Maybe to get the good gear you need to do raids into the other groups territory. THAT would be cool.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I personally want more realism in game combat mechanics (i.e. no spin-360-scoped-head-shots, or taking multiple hi-power rifle shots without wearing something that would significantly slow you down) but, I want the game environment to be such that killing other players brings significant repercussions to offset the benefits.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in