mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
The Division

So after 4+ years of waiting how many of you are as hype about this game as I am? I've been watching beta footage and it seems like it's going to be great.

My only worry is about the "endgame." Are there going to be "raids?"

I'll be playing it on PS4. Satsujinma is my PS4 username.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Played the beta... the PVP part has a mechanic that can be extremely frustrating.

You have better odds of finding good gear in the PVP areas. The gear itself is found by killing high level NPCs and such. This gear will be dropped by you when you die...The only way to get the gear in to your use-able inventory is to go to "Extraction Zones". These are not safe zones and you can be attacked by anyone in them... They're also publicly announced when they're activated. So what usually ended up happening was a group of guys would activate an extraction, wait for players with gear to come, then just as the chopper gets there, start shooting... Or it'd be one guy who lobs a grenade into a group of players trying to get their gear out...

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not excited as I want to be. I don't like that 1 bullet in the brain doesn't kill. It is a little too rpg for me. But then...I guess that would just make this dayz sort of.
stonewall50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
Didn't hear about this game until yesterday, but the beta gameplay videos looked amazing. I agree with the extraction zone stuff though. It looks like a headache waiting to happen with lots of broken controllers and the occasional busted tv. Too much rage in today's players who think that online gaming experiences are created to cater to their singular needs.

It does look awesome though. This one will probably end up being a redbox rental.

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
The pvp gear can only be used in the pvp zone?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
The pvp gear can only be used in the pvp zone?
No. It's just easier to get better gear.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Saw an article today talking about it being hacked. Players were giving themselves unlimited ammo and boosted speed. When did EA start developing this? lol

I'm interested, but if it's going to be a raid based MMO, I won't touch it.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
Played the beta... the PVP part has a mechanic that can be extremely frustrating.

You have better odds of finding good gear in the PVP areas. The gear itself is found by killing high level NPCs and such. This gear will be dropped by you when you die...The only way to get the gear in to your use-able inventory is to go to "Extraction Zones". These are not safe zones and you can be attacked by anyone in them... They're also publicly announced when they're activated. So what usually ended up happening was a group of guys would activate an extraction, wait for players with gear to come, then just as the chopper gets there, start shooting... Or it'd be one guy who lobs a grenade into a group of players trying to get their gear out...

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING
I LOVED the beta. The Dark Zones were awesome too honestly. I do like that they encourage you to really be aware of your surroundings though.

It was frustrating, and hectic in the beginning, but as I got to extract a few times, there are ways you can make it easier for your self. One being activate one extraction zone, and book it to another one. There was bound to be someone trying to jump in on the first one, including some griefers taking the bait.
We also staggered our extractions in the group I play with. Two extract at one, two extract at another, yeach it doesn't always work but it was great when it did.

You could also avoid straight pvp. Attack the high level - especially named - NPCs sand get the credits that way, or go rogue and outrun your timer. Outrunning it you'd get XP and DZ credits. Then head to the safe houses and buy the uber-assault rifle and side by side shotgun.

I had a lot of fun in both PVE and PVP. I would imagine, considering you lose XP, and money, and keys everything you die in the Dark Zones that most people will be very cautious going rogue...if you're not good at it, you get severely punished.
Current Collection: Azodin KP3 - GOG Enmey - AGD ULE Mag - Bob Long Defiant - Empire Axe - AM-P Illusion - Tippmann 68 Carbine - Tippmann SL 68 II - ICD Promaster - Tippmann 98 Custom (x2) - Smart Parts Ion (x2) - System X Type X
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING
Exactly my opinion. I preordered it and played the beta. It's a different game when you have a partner or two but solo you get wrecked by guys camping the extraction zones. You get a "you disavowed the Division" from attacking other players and then get a bounty on your head but no one cares. Aside from the guys looting your gear there were trolls-a-plenty that would just shoot you even if you had nothing. They need to fix that somehow as I was seriously thinking of cancelling my preorder. Maybe make you loose standing or rank or some other detriment to make you think hard about attacking another player.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in