mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I get occasional waves or other emotes. People do talk in game, but I have a tendency to leave the game on Area only or Team only voice and then use Discord to talk with friends.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

I am not longer accepting work. Sorry.

I do not have any tubing for sale, nor will I be restocking. Once more, sorry.

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:44 PM   #62 (permalink)
Tubular!

Omg I take back whatever I said about inventory management. I spend most of the time drunk or on buffouts just to get around. Why do I keep so much stuff??
Old 11-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #63 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Omg I take back whatever I said about inventory management. I spend most of the time drunk or on buffouts just to get around. Why do I keep so much stuff??
because the game makes you feel like you're missing out if you don't pick up absolutely everything. Fallout 4 was the same.

I was able to put all 600 of my .308 rounds that I use in my primary gun into a food collection container for a quest in a bakery. so it's all gone, I'll never get it back.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #64 (permalink)
Knows Chad Thompson

PPS Fan
New updates and fixes coming soon.

Quote:
FALLOUT 76: INSIDE THE VAULT – NOVEMBER 27, 2018
A huge thanks to all of you who have been playing Fallout 76 and embarking on this journey with us. Millions of you are playing the game, and playing it a lot. We love hearing your stories, sharing your photos, and fighting alongside you in the quest to rebuild Appalachia.

As we continue to read your feedback and watch your streams, we understand there are also a number of frustrating issues. We want you to know that we’re committed to rolling out fixes and features on a regular basis, and implementing changes based on your feedback. We also continue to work on an incredible list of updates for the game, including new quests and events, new Vaults opening, a faction-based PvP system, and much more. We’re confident, with your support, we can make Fallout 76 an incredible experience for years to come.

Going forward, we’ll also be posting “Inside the Vault” articles like this one on a regular basis to keep you updated about what we’re working on.

UPCOMING PATCHES
We’re eager to get improvements for Fallout 76 into your hands as soon as we can. Even though we’re sharing some patch dates with you today, please keep in mind that timing may shift based on a variety of reasons, like server stability or other needs. If anything changes, we’ll be sure to let folks know here on the official website and our social media channels as we get closer to each release.

Let’s take a look at what’s coming up over the next few weeks:

December 4, 2018
Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018
The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
We know the size of our previous patch on November 19 was very large, and downloading it was a frustrating experience for many of you—especially those who primarily play Fallout 76 on consoles. We hear you, and we’re working to reduce our patch sizes going forward so that you can get back into game as soon as possible on patch days.

Thank you once again for continuing to share your thoughts about the game with us on the official forums, on social media, and other community channels. Keep it coming! Your feedback is a huge help as we continue to improve and iterate on Fallout 76.

We’ll see you in the Wasteland!
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:10 AM   #65 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Sounds like some good patches and fixes are in the works.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 11-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I play on the Xbox One and my gamer tag is DoC19K. Feel free to send an invite.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:25 AM   #67 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

My thoughts for the game so far (Level 13) are that it's fun but, there are things I find annoying (not game stopping).

Lack of documentation (I didn't play the beta). There is a huge list of things which I had to learn by either trying it, or turning to the internet / reddit (tips on the loading page should be a last resort) and most of these things aren't even discussed in the strategy guide:
- The exact leveling up process (i.e. choose where to place point, choose a perk (from a filtered list), perking up, etc.
- What's the deal with the crown symbol next to a Mob's level? Legendary? a Boss?
- What happens if you approach or enter someone else's (not a teammates) CAMP (assuming they have turrets)?
- What happens to stuff you put in a container (i.e toolbox) in your CAMP when you log out?
- Where/how can I find out exactly how many rads I have (this is relevant when deciding to use a full radaway or a diluted)?
- What happens exactly if I claim a workbench (i.e. do I become flagged for PVP?, or does someone have to contest my claim?)?
- Why was my camp stored even though nobody was in my location at login (closest camp was on the other side of a highway)?
- How can I see who I've sent a friend request to?
- How does the trade process work (it looks to me like, agree to trade, they see all your stuff, you see all their stuff and each of you pick what you want and then agree)?
- Does anything offer head protection short of power armor?
- How do I assign an item to a specific slot?

These aren't complicated questions but, this stuff doesn't seem to be documented anywhere by Bethesda.

I'm not bothered by the lack of NPCs- it fits in with the storyline and, it's something that can certainly change with the return of the factions to the game (i.e. the raiders and the brotherhood come back into the region, etc) with future DLC / expansions. It does appear that they put a lot of work into writing and recording all the documents and holotapes.

CAMP object placement can be rather troublesome (often incorrectly being told that the object I'm trying to place is either in the air (when it's touching or even penetrating the ground) or interfering with another object (when I can see light between two objects) is annoying and adds a layer of frustration to rebuilding the CAMP when you log back in and have to re-locate.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #68 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
My thoughts for the game so far (Level 13) are that it's fun but, there are things I find annoying (not game stopping).

Lack of documentation (I didn't play the beta). There is a huge list of things which I had to learn by either trying it, or turning to the internet / reddit (tips on the loading page should be a last resort) and most of these things aren't even discussed in the strategy guide:
- The exact leveling up process (i.e. choose where to place point, choose a perk (from a filtered list), perking up, etc.
- What's the deal with the crown symbol next to a Mob's level? Legendary? a Boss?
- What happens if you approach or enter someone else's (not a teammates) CAMP (assuming they have turrets)?
- What happens to stuff you put in a container (i.e toolbox) in your CAMP when you log out?
- Where/how can I find out exactly how many rads I have (this is relevant when deciding to use a full radaway or a diluted)?
- What happens exactly if I claim a workbench (i.e. do I become flagged for PVP?, or does someone have to contest my claim?)?
- Why was my camp stored even though nobody was in my location at login (closest camp was on the other side of a highway)?
- How can I see who I've sent a friend request to?
- How does the trade process work (it looks to me like, agree to trade, they see all your stuff, you see all their stuff and each of you pick what you want and then agree)?
- Does anything offer head protection short of power armor?
- How do I assign an item to a specific slot?

These aren't complicated questions but, this stuff doesn't seem to be documented anywhere by Bethesda.

I'm not bothered by the lack of NPCs- it fits in with the storyline and, it's something that can certainly change with the return of the factions to the game (i.e. the raiders and the brotherhood come back into the region, etc) with future DLC / expansions. It does appear that they put a lot of work into writing and recording all the documents and holotapes.

CAMP object placement can be rather troublesome (often incorrectly being told that the object I'm trying to place is either in the air (when it's touching or even penetrating the ground) or interfering with another object (when I can see light between two objects) is annoying and adds a layer of frustration to rebuilding the CAMP when you log back in and have to re-locate.
Are you looking for some/all of these to be answered, or is this a simple guide for Bethesda to look over and realize they need to work on their documentation?

I ask, because I have a bit of experience in many of these realms.

To add to your list:
- How do I see who is blocked? Is there a way to unblock someone? (This issue is currently vexing a small group of us.)

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 11-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #69 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've most of those things figured out (either by taking the risk and testing them or, doing internet research) so, this is just a bunch of examples of things that should be documented somewhere by Bethesda.

I just found out today that Crowns represent a groups boss and that I should've been getting more / better loot when looting them which, definitely has not been the case for the vast majority of them.

I went ahead and tried out going into someone else's CAMP, and nothing happened. Apparently (according to the internet), if I had accessed any containers in there, I'd simply be shown my own stash (lame, what's the point of container and door locks?)...

Still don't know about the CAMP re-location thing but, I hardly ever get bumped off my current location.

The friend request thing really seems like Bethesda totally overlooked yet another kind of common sense feature in MMO development.

And for the Headgear armor thing, according to the Internet (and as best I can tell in the Strategy Guide), it looks like nothing protects someone's head from ballistic or energy damage short of power armor with a power armor helmet. I don't know what to make of this? Is it a bug? Is it by design? Is the head display on the apparel tab just not showing any benefits from maybe the body armor? How are we (the community) supposed to know if it's not documented anywhere by Bethesda?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #70 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I still have not exactly figure out how perks work in terms of applying them. the card system is incredibly confusing.

I've never seen another persons camp.

CAMP confuses me. I lost it completely once, and it had the minimal stuff. I don't want to have to rebuild a massive house if I lose it.

I have no idea how the friend system works, but I hear it's very broken.

Your blue stash box holds all your items. There's several of them around the map and they all contain the same stuff as your stash in your CAMP. Nobody can get into it except you. I'd so so frustrated if there was a way fro somebody else to access mine. That's where I store all my crafting material.

Last edited by martix_agent; 11-30-2018 at 08:52 AM.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in