mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-06-2018, 02:25 AM   #81 (permalink)
Tubular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I still have not exactly figure out how perks work in terms of applying them. the card system is incredibly confusing.
I'm up to lvl 42, so figured a lot out but not everything. Hopefully this card explanation doesn't get clunky. Attempt #1.

Step 1 to leveling up, you place a point into one stat (SPECIAL). This probably raises some baseline numbers but nevermind that. Relevant to right now, it provides a max value to assign cards. All stats max at 10, but your player level max is 50, so you won't be able to max all stats.

Step 2 to leveling up, assign a card to a stat. Each card has a value, which starts at 1 (the # displayed on the card). Many cards can be ranked up, represented by the stars at the bottom of the cards. Getting a duplicate of a card provides the option of combining them to rank up. This also raises its value.

The combined card values in a stat cannot exceed that stat's points. If you have a Strength of 3, you can assign three rank 1 cards, or one rank 3, or a rank 1 & a rank 2.

Cards are also specific to a stat. Cards for Strength can't be assigned to Luck, etc. You can sort available cards, which helps a lot.

Cards can also be unassigned & re-assigned at any time, not just when you level up. Let's say you have a rank 2 Lockpicking card, but another card that helps in literally any other situation. When you find a rank 2 safe, make sure the coast is clear, then go to your perks and swap cards, pick the lock, then swap back.

Quote:
I've never seen another persons camp.
Players like to isolate themselves. Some also build minimal camps that are hard to identify, and/or pick up camps when they move on to new areas.

Quote:
CAMP confuses me. I lost it completely once, and it had the minimal stuff. I don't want to have to rebuild a massive house if I lose it.
Because of the budget system on camps, it's impossible to build anything too elaborate. I really think they're meant to be minimal and mobile, like you explore for a while, then plop a camp down for workshop & stash transactions, and/or to log off so you have a haven immediately on next login. The lame inventory & stash limits play into this, like you won't get overloaded with junk if you're building new camps every session.

There's a "blueprint" feature when in build mode that lets you copy camp layouts. Won't save physical pieces so there'll still be resource costs, but it'll copy/paste your layout to save time. I haven't tried it but one of my buddies did & it worked.

Quote:
I have no idea how the friend system works, but I hear it's very broken.
Commenting only on PS4, it seems fine. Social menu lists Friends, Teammates, and Randoms, each in its own tab. Friends aren't immediately Teammates, in case y'all wanna brawl, but they (and anyone) can be invited to join your team to share XP & cap gains from missions, as well preventing friendly fire.

Quote:
Your blue stash box holds all your items. There's several of them around the map and they all contain the same stuff as your stash in your CAMP. Nobody can get into it except you. I'd so so frustrated if there was a way fro somebody else to access mine. That's where I store all my crafting material.
Stashes are quite explicitely player-only, thank crom. I store way more than just crafting material.

Quote:
The crown symbol, from what ive noticed, general means that enemy had better loot than the other enemies.
Crowns indicate area or dungeon boss, just as they did for previous Fallouts. They're supposed to drop 2-3 gear items every time (which they hadn't, and still don't even after the patch that addressed it). I'm starting to come across some that also have stars after their names which, in previous Fallouts meant they carried Legendary gear. But it used to be star or no star. I saw a boss with 3 stars, which was more frightening than intriguing because i had to flee that battle.

In other news, the recent patch is like Amazon's wage increase: stash limit is now 600. But the Excavator power armor lost its +100 inventory bonus, and normal power armor carry limit is also reduced. Word is, you have to get nekkit, log off, and log back on to fix it. I've also encountered frequent server disconnections, where it states controls have been disabled due to server issues or error, and my character is left standing still in the wasteland like he had a surprise lobodomy. At least it also affects enemies - last time it happened, looked like a wild west duel was about to go down between me & the Scorched i'd been attacking.

Last edited by nerdcore; 12-06-2018 at 02:31 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #82 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
4oleplaying?

Were here to kill all the gays...

Oh,this is a pretty strong qyeer..

Exterminate all the fags... etc etc..

Im generally liek whatever with alot of **** that gets said online but as mentioned thats legitimate hate speach

And yeah.. get trash like that off the servers..

You chalking it ip to role llaying is giving thst type of bs the ok..and it was adults..not jsut high school kids looking for laughs from watchers.
Just to play devil's advocate, substitute "gays" or "fags" for "Synths", and don't you essentially have the entire Brotherhood of Steel plotline from Fallout 4?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #83 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, substitute "gays" or "fags" for "Synths", and don't you essentially have the entire Brotherhood of Steel plotline from Fallout 4?
One is a Dev written plot point that targets a fictional, in-universe class of sentient machines. The other is user driven hate speech that targets actual, real world living beings.

Not really comparable.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #84 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

I killed a level 32 guard gutsy commander as level 11.

Felt just a bit to easy to me. It took a ton of ammo but that was my only limiting factor.

Still enjoying the game though. Have run into a few issues with items ive clipped through that i shouldnt have but it is what it is. They'll fix it eventually.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.

Last edited by ogti9g9; 12-06-2018 at 01:20 PM.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #85 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post

All stats max at 10, but your player level max is 50, so you won't be able to max all stats.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats actually max out at 15 this time around
Parkey990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #86 (permalink)
EMT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
One is a Dev written plot point that targets a fictional, in-universe class of sentient machines. The other is user driven hate speech that targets actual, real world living beings.

Not really comparable.
Pretty much...
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:06 AM   #87 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Had a mongrel spontaneously combust when i shot it with a pump shotty.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #88 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Uv_Halo and I had a bad experience last night with getting killed and then the servers disconnecting before we could collect our junk I lost a lot of crap on that death

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #89 (permalink)
Tubular!

Every session this week:

Server error - controls temporarily disabled.
Game error, game shuts down.
Go do something else.

Repeat.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in