mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   does camo help.... ? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/102637-does-camo-help.html)

cliffords the man 12-21-2009 05:47 PM

does camo help.... ?

hey guys,

I wondered what you think of camo in woodsball

I from personal experience think it makes alot of difference,
I remember playing a game on a large field with smaller numbers,
I was wearing a bright white colardo avalanche ice hockey jersey. and tried to out flank the enemy but the white jersey didn't blend too much with the shrubs.

Im not really going for the whole guille style at all but is there a particular jersey you could recommend for an all round woodsball camoflague ?
:confused::confused:

cheers,
clifford

fossilhead 12-21-2009 05:49 PM

look for olive colors.

foughtwolf 12-21-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffords the man (Post 1094777)
hey guys,

I wondered what you think of camo in woodsball

I from personal experience think it makes alot of difference,
I remember playing a game on a large field with smaller numbers,
I was wearing a bright white colardo avalanche ice hockey jersey. and tried to out flank the enemy but the white jersey didn't blend too much with the shrubs.

Im not really going for the whole guille style at all but is there a particular jersey you could recommend for an all round woodsball camoflague ?
:confused::confused:

cheers,
clifford

A drab color helps, but honestly the two top things for not being seen are easy. Dont move to quick, and break up hard lines and angles with a strip of camo tape.

Critical 12-21-2009 05:52 PM

Like was said already, muted colors. In reality, most of todays woodsball fields are so stripped of brush that it's just a race from bunker to bunker, camo doesn't matter.

Chachi 12-21-2009 06:09 PM

look at the environments you're playing in, and find a jersey with colors that are close. Exact doesn't matter, close is what you want.

for example, you wouldn't want to wear ACU in a new-growth wooded area (ACU is way too gray/white for that environment, and you'd stick out like a sore thumb)

Agglet 12-21-2009 06:09 PM

I find that most of the guys that rely on camo overestimate how hidden they actually are they seem to confuse camouflage bdus with invisibility suits. My secret to complete ninja success is to stay behind something, pick my shots, move when there is plenty of noise and always eat a good breakfast including fruit and grains.

Titus 12-21-2009 06:23 PM

Ask Ninja Dave, he'll tell you.

LilShank 12-21-2009 06:40 PM

I wear MarPat BDU's in the woods, it helps in my opinion, but like foughtwolf said, don't move too quick, let them come to you. If you do choose to wear something other than just drab colors, make sure you get something that matches the terrain you'll be playing in.

Listessa 12-21-2009 06:53 PM

I don't know. I mean, it's paintball. It's not like anyone is a real sniper sitting somewhere for hours upon end.

Granted, brighter colors show up more, but if you know how to move less obviously it will help more. Plus, if you have a bright or shiny gun it tends to negate the whole camo thing.

Mar 12-21-2009 06:59 PM

yeah, Camo helps.

I have lost a guy a time or two due to Camo. I usually wear Camo myself, I mean, it certainly doesn't hurt, right?

That being said, bright colours can give you away, so why not wear camo?